Thursday, August 14, 2008

ika 15 ng Agosto 2008


I was in a tricycle on my way to work and passed by a puppy which was just hit by a vehicle and left on the road to die. I cannot look at it directly as I get squeamish at the sight of blood. The sight of a dying puppy was so distressing........... so pitiful. A dog, probably the mother, was snipping it as it lay dying. As an animal lover, I felt guilty I couldn't even stop to help it or call the owners. These dog owners should exercise responsible pet ownership, not allow their dogs to freely roam around. But I didn't stop and just hoped that the owners would come out to check their pet.

This reaction is natural but not really irrational. We have the tendency to distance ourselves from a situation if it is inconvenient. After all, I have far more important things to take care of than look after a dying puppy. The puppy could be another human but I could still be indifferent. I have numerous excuses.......... I can't stand the sight of blood, I am running late for work, I have a deadline to meet, etc........ Caring for another being just takes too much effort for the human race. We couldn't look beyond our backyard in extending a hand. We have been so preoccupied with self-interest that we couldn't get out the rut we created for ourselves. We have been enslaved by schedules and routines that we become inflexible to matters that will alter plans.....There's always so many things to do with so little time. I have often asked for 25 hours in a day to finish my work. At times, I have neglected my parental duties in the performance of my professional duties. I am no superhero and can only do so much........ something's got to give. I would sometimes regret sacrificing the essential for the superficial......like right now.

On this Friday, I feel so guilty about the puppy, I just needed to release the bad feeling. I am sorry for not living up to the ideals of being a true animal lover. I need to learn so much more. I'm so sorry for my apathy.

PS: Sana nakita na ng me-ari yun tuta na siguro patay na. Sana nilibing ka na ng maayos.

At sa yo na nakasagasa, wala kang awa. Hintuan mo man lang sana yun tuta at ipaalam sa me-ari ang nangyari para di na naghirap yun tuta. Di bale, me karma din naman yan.

At sa mga me mga alagang hayop, maging responsable naman kayo. Wag niyo pabayaan lumalaboy yun mga alaga niyo. Me buhay din yan mga alaga niyo at nasasaktan din sila. Kung di niyo kaya alagaan, ipakapon niyo yun aso o pusa niyo para di na magkalat ang mga tuta o kuting sa kalye. Maawa kayo sa kanila.....nilalang din sila ng Diyos.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites