Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ika 24 ng Agosto 2008

Brainchild's break still.......and it's the Lord's day.

We will go to mass later as we failed to hear anticipated mass last night. Saturday is the usual schedule of hearing mass for us. The trip to Shopwise Supercenter took longer than expected messing up our Saturday schedule. They recently rearranged their store and it took us a longer time finding stuff. Last week, my middle daughter and I got dizzy getting disoriented with the new arrangement. I wanted to hear mass at St. Jerome Parish Church in Alabang as anticipated mass there is scheduled at 7:00 pm. The rest were opposed to my plan.

I ended up preparing a Japanese meal. I had planned on a having Japanese dish actually because we have this Japanese noodles, saru soba and the somen hanging out in our pantry. The noodles would be easy as it needs just boiling. The dipping sauce would be diluted Kikkoman tempura and noodles sauce. Together with my helpers as I don't like chopping stuff, we prepared kani salad, grilled pork in teriyaki sauce. We bought sushi and california maki at Shopwise, our suking supercenter. Kikkoman has an assortment of sauces which make Japanese cooking easy. I can actually prepare a mean sukiyaki.






My eldest daughter came in right in time for dinner. We all had a hearty dinner, albeit a little late. Slicing the cucumber for the kani salad took the longest time.





Now, I have to beat that dinner which made everyone happy except my son who hasn't quite developed the taste buds for better food. I have ingredients for Asian noodles which I learned from Pairings with Andrea at Lifestyle Channel. These shows are really helpful even for non-cooks like me. Two noodle dish in a row. Maybe not today. Tomorrow is a holiday. We can have that Asian noodle tomorrow.

Meantime, I have to think how I can beat that Japanese dinner.

PS: Hirap gumising maaga. Kailangan mamalengke at hinihintay na din kami ng mga suki namin sa plaza. Bibili din kami ng masarap at mainit na pandesal sa suking panaderya. Kahit minsan nakakatamad gawin, ito ang mga bagay na nagbibigay kulay tuwing Linggo.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites