Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ika 4 ng Agosto 2008


I am off to a dizzying roller coaster ride this week starting today. The usual excitement greeted my morning as we prepared my son's art materials. We had been doing this since yesterday. He missed a number of art projects and my eldest daughter had to help him with one, a butterfly designed with bird seeds. Both of them were doing it last night. He would also need baby clams shells and crushed egg shells. Guess what our meal was yesterday? The rain made the dish of steaming clam soup more appetizing.

We also worked on his Filipino homework in the weekend. Weekends are supposed to be freetime for students but because since he missed doing his school work, his teacher informed us that he had to work on it this weekend to cope up. Apparently, schools are also concerned about work-life balance that they are giving the students the weekend off. But that does not seem to happen. My other two girls are always busy with projects and rehearsals in the weekend. Or maybe, they are trying to break free from us........hmmmmmmmm.

The housework, some errands, supervising my son and some lazy moments and my movie date with my kids left me not much time to do school work. It is midterms week starting today. I had test papers to check, research papers to read, and exams to prepare. I also need to prepare a very important document in the office which I have been putting off for sometime. So I would need to double my effort to finish all unfinished business. I can actually do that. I know I have this inclination to procrastinate but I also have an unusual capacity to perform beyond my limits to accomplish what needs to be done once I buckle down to it. I actually need some pressure to challenge myself and get things done.

Knowing I have a tall order this week, I am shutting off all worries and concerns that affect my capacity to focus on the tasks at hand. I am also laying off from my leisurely pursuits momentarily but I promise to be my fun-loving and easy self once I get things done. I commit to complete all these tasks by Friday so that I can have a semblance of normalcy by the weekend to give me time to enjoy God's creation. So help me God.

PS: Muntik na ako matumba sa jeepney kanina nung bababa na ako. Ang hayupak na jeepney driver tatakbo na di pa ako nakakababa, Syempre nakarinig siya sa kin. Sinabi ko lang naman bakit di siya tumitingin. Sumenyas naman na pasensiya sabay patakbo ng sasakyan ang bwisit. Wala naman aberyang nagyari. Magtago na siya sa pinangalingan niya pag me nagyari sa kin.

Gawing gawi ng mga jeepney drivers tong ganito, parang mauubusan ng kalye lagi. Nagmamadali para maraming byahe, malaki kita. Kaya ni walang pakialam kung makasakit ng iba. Kadalasan di pinapansin ang mga batas trapiko at nagbababa kahit sa bawal.

Matagal na me mga panukala na tanggalin na ang mga jeepney sa kalye. Bukod sa nagpapasikip ng trapiko, dinudumihan pa nito ang ating kalikasan sa usok na binubuga. Maganda din ipatupad na to para madisiplina ang mga tao sa tamang bababaan kung bus na lang ang sasakyan. Sa ibang bansa wala naman jeepney pero nakakapagcommute naman ng maayos ang mga tao. Mas mahaba nga lang ang lakarin. Me mga Pinoy kasi na ayaw mahirapan maglakad. Marami rin mahihirap dito na ang pagmamaneho ng jeepney ang ikinabubuhay. Kaya't hanggang ngayon nananatili pa rin panukala ito.


Men for the sake of getting a living, forget to live.

2 comments:

sadako said...

Hello Brainchild

off topic lang, dumaan lang ako

naiadd na kita. and salamat sa pagdaan. babalik ako dito sa mga susunod na araw meron lang ako tinatapos.

Keep in touch

God Bless.

brainchild said...

salamat sa pagdalaw pangeet. sana dumalaw ka lagi.

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites