Monday, August 11, 2008

Ika 12 ng Agosto 2008

Sleep-deprived for three straight days, I woke up with a big headache which is expected. I can't take a leave because I have classes later and I don't miss my classes. Since my school is in Makati as well, I figured I might as well not waste my leave at work. I'd like to reserve my leave when I can fully enjoy it.

After preparing myself for work and popping paracetamol, I went to the terminal. The spectacle of the dilapidated van greeted me like a bad dream. No, no, no..... I was not going to take a ride this time and risk life and limb. So are some other passengers. We waited for like 30 minutes before the van was filled up with rushing and adventurous passengers. The next van was nice and cool. I was the first passenger to get in and chose the choicest seat like a prime cut in meat. I was oblivious to everything else as I flopped my head on my seat and slept the entire trip. I was near my destination when I woke up. My headache was pleasantly cured.

The driver-owner of the van I was riding in is the current president of their association. I mentioned the incident yesterday on the stalled van. Apparently, he knows about it as other irate passengers called him. He actually told me to complain. He understood the aggravation the passengers feel whenever these vans are forced on us. We are paying a high price to buy convenience and this is the kind of service we get from them. So he told me to file that complain so he can act on it. He walks a tight rope since he has to keep a good balance between the competing needs of the riders and of their association members who earn their keep from this shuttle service. Before I got off, he finally cautioned me about possible retaliation from those who will be affected by the complaint.

On my final ride to the office, I got a text message from the staff of the top official we assist in pushing for JPEPA's ratification by the Senate. The message read "Please be advised NO SENATE INTERPELLATION ON JPEPA TODAY. Senate to take up JPEPA next week. We will advise accordingly." My reply was "YEHEY".

I have to rush preparing my midterm exams for my classes tonight. I am signing off now with the following prayer sent by a friend.

May GOD bless you with quiet moments when you're feeling overwhelmed, peaceful feelings when you're rushing through a day, simple wisdom when you're facing difficult choices, restful hours when your days are long, and the soothing comfort of those who care.


PS: Sumasakit na naman ang ulo ko. Kelangan labanan para matapos lahat ng gagawin ko ngayon araw. Kakayanin ko ito!

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites