Monday, August 25, 2008

Ika 26 ng Agosto 2008

My day started out well. I left home unruffled although I have a big day ahead. My plan is to call my colleague, my partner in the JPEPA work from the service to discuss. It didn't turn well because her phone was almost out of battery . As soon as I was in my final ride to the office, I got a text message from the staff of the boss confirming the Senate interpellation. We need to be there at 1:30pm. I started to panic. I couldn't reach my colleague. There were documents to confirmed.

I arrived in the office and called up my colleague. She wasn't still around. I got another text message from the boss's staff telling me to bring all pertinent documents including one I have not received yet. I finally was able to reach my partner whom I fondly called pakner. I asked her to confirm details of one document and I'd take care of the other document. That's good enough. When I called up the concerned staff for the other document, she was not around. I told the receiver to tell the staff to call me and that it's urgent leaving my number. No call after some time. Impatient, I called her again. She wasn't there yet. I left my mobile number. Finally, she called me back. I asked for the document and she told me she didn't prepare it. I felt my blood pressure shooting up. I told her that it's up to her to back up her boss, another top official, who might also be grilled in the interpellation. Arrogantly, she told me I didn't give proper instruction and she only received the template last week. @#%^&*@#$%&^&**(*. I told her I gave the same template to another staff and it was submitted to me on Saturday, a non-working day. She got it like middle of the week. With JPEPA, everyrhing is at a moment's notice. This staff is new to the work. And it's one of those things I hate dealing with but I must deal with nevertheless. We ended on a sour note and I admonished her that it's up to her to support her boss. She hung up on me. I wanted to call her and give her some dressing down but there was no time for that. I will find that opportunity soon if we are to work on this together. I have straightened out staff of greater calibre for this task. Gosh, i feel like I was about to blast off.

I was also working on the schedule of my make-up class as I cannot go to school tonight. I requested one of my students to arrange the make-up class.

I took a quick lunch while working on some other stuff. I would be leaving in a few minutes. Please wish me luck. I feel like I am on the line every Senate interpellation.

PS: Ang hirap talaga na galing bakasyon tapos ganito ang haharapin mo. Parang wala ka pa sa huwisyo tapos naparapraning ka na umpisa pa lang ng trabaho. Hay...........

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites