Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ika 20 ng Agosto 2008


It's a stormy morning. I was caught between my laziness to go to work and my boss's instruction to stand by for possible Senate interpellation of JPEPA. I wanted so much to meet my HK-based friend, Dayap, for our hair treatment date as well as to catch up. That's really enough motivation for me to take that leave. Dayap is leaving tomorrow morning. But my boss's words hang like the sword of Democles. Reluctantly, I would go to the office like a well-trained soldier to face my battle. Once again, you won the battle of the budge, Sir. JPEPA is a special assignment for me. I report to a top official of our Department for this task. He is a good man but so strict. He can be like a father sometimes. I couldn't let him down.

I made alternative plans with Dayap. If the Senate session will not push through, I'll leave my office early and meet up with her. I'm crossing my fingers this will happen ..........

While in transit, the rain raged like there's no end. Riders were restless and appeared to share my ambivalence. I wanted to just be in the office as I was getting these text messages from the boss's staff and my colleague making me jittery.

Finally, I arrived in the office. There were news of classes being suspended. I was checking on my kids as well. We were also waiting for news her in the office. It's the birthday of a colleague and we would have free lunch. There were news that Senate staff are already going home. So maybe, there is no Senate session today. Malacañang, please get that announcement out....

PS: Naipit na naman ako ng mga kalalakihan sa shuttle service kanina. Halos di ako makahinga at ang laki ng katabi kong lalaki. Medyo nakaupo pa siya sa akin. Di naman ako makareklamo at baka masabihan akong magtaxi ako. Sino ba me kasalanan dito?

A. Ako dahil di ko kayang magbayad ng taxi o di ako magtiyagang magbus papunta Makati.

B. Ang mga me-ari ng shuttle service na sa paghaharimunan nila kelangan nilang pagkasyahin ang 18 pasahero sa upuan na para sa 14 lang sana.

C. Ang lalaki dahil ang laki niya talaga. Kelangan niyang magbawas ng pagkain o kaya siya na magtaxi o bus kasi siya naman ang malaki.

D. Ang ating ekonomiya na patuloy na ginigipit ang mga ordinaryong mamamayan na kelangan magsakripisyo para magkasya ang kakarampot na sweldo.

Piliin ang tamang sagot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow mataas at malaki pala ang responsibilidad ninyo mam. pakain naman dyan! hehehe

sali na lang yung mama sa Biggest Loser sa TV reality show.

brainchild said...

naku hindi, isa lamang akong hamak na empleyado na masunurin lang siguro hehehe

kukunin ko pangalan at ipaenlist natin. madami dami na rin pwede isali dito ;)

Anonymous said...

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite
reason seemed to be on the web the easiest thing to be
aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people
think about worries that they just don't know
about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also
defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take
a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

my page :: joseph pantel

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites