Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ika 16 ng Agosto 2008

Brainchild's break.......so it seems.

Actually, I had a full day. I promised my fellow freecycler that I will pick up a pair of love birds that they are letting go and some other stuff. We are members of this internet-based group called freecycle which gives away things we no longer need to those who need these items. Freecycle provides a venue to match those who wants to dispose of their items and those who need these items. No payment is involved in this scheme. It's recycling with a specific market. It's a good way to dispose of your junk. You'd be surprise at the exchange of items.

As a gas saving measure, I decided to take a little, maybe a big detour to make my gas work the extra mile. First, I fetched my daughter from her dorm. I met my brother there. Since we are going to Divisoria and I am not very confident about my driving skills in that area, my brother drove from then on. We passed by my cousin's canteen to return her plates and utensils used when she catered for my daughter's birthday party. She was supposed to pick the items up but could not find the time. We got free lunch courtesy of my cousin. My daughter loves her cooking and would tell me why I couldn't cook like her. Please help me explain that a person is not supposed to possess all talents.......... A perfect world would be so boring.

After lunch, we headed to Divisoria and went shopping at 168 Shopping Mall. It is seldom that I go to Divisoria. Whenever I am in the area I try to squeeze in a little shopping. Here credit card is useless. Goods are a steal but you still get to haggle which is the fun part. You need to get some acting lessons to bargain well. One should know how to exercise self control because you would want to buy everything you set your eyes on. I always end up spending more that what I intended to spend since I come here rarely. Scout first and don't buy the first thing you see no matter how much you want it. Explore deeper and get better deals.

After our hurried shopping, we went to my freecycler friend to get the stuff. We went back to my daughter's dorm to get something on our way home. My brother went on his way. I drove the rest of the trip home with my daughter fast asleep.

I will most likely stay home tomorrow and hope to get my well-deserved rest. My boss would text me later requesting me to prepare some report to be submitted on Tuesday....so much for my rest.

PS: Wala na yun tuta sa kalye pag daan ko kanina. Naligtas kay o nilibing na lang? San man siya naroroon, sana nasa mabuti na siya kalagayan.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites