Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ika 23 ng Hunyo 2009: Happy Birthday Blog!


Yes, it's been a year since brainchild was unveiled in June last year. This blog actually started on 12 June 2008 with a post on the blog's theme Life's Lemons. I have long wanted to have my own blog but I needed to learn about how to go about it. I also needed a strong motivation. I was going through a difficult phase in my life and found the motivation I needed under those circumstances. The blog initially provide a medium to bent my angst. Later, I found it to be equaly useful for sharing and apreading joy.

The real challenge came with the daily blog, One Day Isang Araw, which chronicles the daily life of an ordinary woman caught up in various roles as wife, mom, worker, mentor, friend, cause mover, protester, crusader, commuter, and a whole lot more. I recall how hang up I was about forgetting my change one day..... and that was the unexpected impetus to starting this daily blog. I would not say it was a breeze writing all 365 posts. There were days I have no inspiration, no motivation, no time, no energy, no idea. Why would I let my linen hang for everyone else to see anyway. But somehow, I knew that if I have to keep this blog going, I must go past my lazy streak and stick to a regular regimen. The discipline I subscribe to in order to keep up with my target of writing at least one post a day was a challenge I overcame with all the demands from all facets of my life..... but I did it!

Entering its second year, I will be introducing changes to this blog. I still would like to see some sort of a snap shot of my life but I guess I have outgrown my daily blog. Starting next week, the daily blog, One Day Isang Araw will give way to a weekly account of the highs and lows of this blogger's life. I am still undecided on the title of this category. With the pressures of the daily blog off my shoulders, I should be able to write more on topics close to my heart. Starting with this change, more change (for the better, I hope) will be introduced as I see fit.

To old and new friends who kept me company and showed me interest by reading this blog, I thank you for the hits and views you gave this blog. Please continue to visit if you care enough to know me more......

This greeting is long overdue.... Here's wishing me and this blog will stay together for the long haul.......... Happy, happy birthday brainchild!

PS: Mainit kanina pero makulimlim ng lumabas ako ng bahay. Kailangan kong bumalik para kumuha ng jacket. Malakas ang tsansa na umulan. Ayokong mabasa at magkasakit ngayong panahon. Mas mabuti na ang maingat kesa maagap......

4 comments:

Lanie MB said...

Your blog and I share the same birthday. Is it a coincidence? Anyways, I'd like to wish your blog, which I enjoy reading, a Happy Birthday. I admire your tenacity. 365 posts!?! If only I had the same discipline.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sags! isang taon ka nang maasim...naway huwag mawala ang asim mo...mabuhay ka! yours truly, nilags.

brainchild said...

Hi Lanie,

Happy birthday to you!

Thanks for the greetings and for patronizing my site.

brainchild said...

Nilags,

hehehe..... kaya ituloy mo na yun naumpisahan mo at nang mabisita ko nman...

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites