Monday, June 22, 2009

Ika 22 ng Hunyo 2009: Helpless

Today is my appointment with the doctor for the TVU. I am not a fan of medical procedures specially if I am the subject. I don't like being probed, poked, hammered, pinched, attached to some contraption, observed, and revealed. I am curious and nervous.....Curious because this is the first time I am going through such a procedure. I wonder what discomfort I would feel. I have an idea how it will be done and I don't relish the thought. Nervous of what the test result would reveal. I sometimes subscribe to the idea that what we don't know would not hurt you.

Given my family history, it is essential that I am checked for every suspicious bump or irregularity. My kids undergo the same procedures at their young age. They are actually better than me in handling physical examinations.

I had to be at the clinic thirty minutes before the procedure. I just dropped off my stuff at the office and went my way. I made it on time. I had to be processed first at the reception and get approval for the procedure. Another fifteen minutes of waiting and I was called by the nurse and prepared. Then, I was told to wait for the doctor who will be there shortly.... WHAT!!!!???? I wanted to complain about the manner of waiting. In my state of openness, I lay on the bed, helpless. I really can't complain because I need to have the procedure and I just want to get it over with......

The doctor came shortly.... and it's like seeing my savior. I have always been in awe of doctors. I am grateful to them for helping us live healthier and longer life..... Today, I will be revealed........

PS: Hindi nakapasok ang pangalawang anak ko dahil sa lagnat. Minomonitor namin ito at bumaba naman ang lagnat dahil sa paggagamot niya. Pag-uwi naman ng bunso ko, ibinalita niya sa ate niya na suspendido ang klase nila at sa Hulyo na ang pasok nila. Kinumpirma ito ng kanyang guro. Parang naramdaman ko na nalapit na sa bahay ang banta..... Meron na din namatay sa H1N1 sa Pilipinas

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites