Friday, June 5, 2009

Ika 5 ng Hunyo 2009: Inclement Weather

What's with the weather? It's rather bizarre. One moment, it's like hurricane..... the next thing, it's still........

I was still groggy when I woke up this morning. I was in the van asleep so deeply I thought I was in another world....... the kind when you wake up wondering where you are..... I have been wanting in sleep this week. The weather compounds my problem.

I was ready to embark on a long day when an offline message from my confused friend who on an impulse decided to settle for good in the land down under popped in. Of course, friends win over work. We talked a while later joined in by another friend whom I am meeting again tomorrow for dinner. This is my academe group and we've been crippled because of our friend's sudden departure. Our other friend and I are on opposing views in guiding this friend on the 'right' decision. Our friend wants her to stay there and bear her misery because the chance will be wasted if she comes home. I want her to come home because she's miserable, her dad is constantly in the hospital, the job she left is still waiting for her, and she misses home, us. I remember when Carrie (Jessica Sarah Parker) left her friends to go to Paris with her lover. She regretted it and came back. My friend did not go there with a lover. It was an opportunity handed to her on a silver platter. But the circumstances have an uncanny similarity...... the uncertainty, the feeling of having something good but not really enjoying it, the longing for something else. It's winter there and that must really be bad for sagging spirits. She's homesick and for somehow so used to traveling, it's not usual. I really hope my friend comes back. I miss her silliness.......

After we bid adieu, it's back to work for me on this Friday. Soon, I'll officially kiss this day goodbye as I retreat to my weekend bliss in this weather........

PS: Nadagdagan ang kaso ng H1N1, dalawang estudyante na daw sa DLSU at isang empleyado ng ADB. Bale 29 na raw ang kompirmadong kaso ng H!N1 sa bansa. Nakakatakot na. Natatakot ako para sa mga anak ko, lalo na sa panganay ko na dumadaan sa La Salle na nakapampublikong sasakyan. Sana naman ay malapatan na ng mabisang solusyon ang epidemiya na ito.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites