Monday, June 8, 2009

Ika 9 ng Hunyo 2009: Unwieldy Sked

So has it been the past two weeks and I guess it will stretch to this week........ This is due to the current planning work I am doing for the office which involves millions of pesos allocated for government programs and projects not included in the regular funding. Usually, these projects can be considered as what interest the management of our department which would generally be the apple of the eye of the country's foremost CEO. Let it not be mistaken as ghost projects because these are real projects with real beneficiaries. However, we have been doing these projects for so long. I wonder what real benefits there are to these projects. Do these projects alleviate poverty or raise the standard of living in the provinces? On paper, these projects look good. One is led to ask why poverty is still very much around us.

I attend various meetings related to this work. Yesterday, our boss texted that she wants to meet us for an update at 8:00am. Haller, was she kidding? None of those she wanted to meet wants an early morning meeting because we all couldn't possibly make it. I was designated to text back to tell her to reset it at a more convenient time for everyone. With the traffic at SLEX, traveling to and from work has became my latest agony...... it practically rules my life. I remember when the Skyway was being constructed in the mid 90s, commuters practically lived on the road. I actually go to work earlier these days but I still end up late. In the evening, it was supposed to be faster but no...... waiting and travel time is a good two hours.

Our boss replied that our chosen time is not feasible. She said that we should meet after office hours due to her numerous appointments. Being beggars, we can't be choosers and had to relent. That means...... I might just reset my classes tonight. Knowing this, I made arrangement with my students last night.... Good thinking!

PS: Babalik na sa Pilipinas ang kaibigan kong panandalian naguluhan dahil sa kaniyang pagpapasiya na baguhin ang buhay niya sa isang iglap. Mahirap talagang iwanan ang lupang tinubuan dahil dito na siya natuto ng kaniyang mga kalokohan.....kanta to, di ba? Tiniloy kaya niya ang pagpapakasal sa isang mamamayan ng bansa na yon para makakuha ng estado ng pagiging permanenteng residente? Hmmmmmmmmm........

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites