Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ika 11 ng Hunyo 2009: A Day of Contrast

This day should provide a breather as far as my office work is concerned. We have been waiting for submission of various forms to be submitted to the agency in charge of government budgets since last week. We're still waiting and it's submission time. Part of the work of my office is to help our budget office prepare the department budget. I have used gentle persuasion, been firm, threatening, and lately menacing...... But some simply don't know what the word 'deadline' which was last week incidentally, means. Today, I'll make good my threat to leave these offices' request as I am submitting whatever is with me by the close of office hours today. They are going to be budgetless next year........huh...... serves them right!

It is still hellish as far as school work is concerned. I have not exactly been negligent. It was just that my office work took much of my time. In the scheme of things, my office work takes priority, notwithstanding that I hate it. I managed the class hours but the paperwork is another thing. I have tons of papers and reports to check. I should be able to do this during their exams later. I want to free up my extended weekend.

Thank God for the holiday tomorrow. Our top officials were discussing during our yesterday's meeting the various functions they have to attend on the occasion of our independence day. They had to be in some historical places to commemorate our independence from colonial rule. One has to be in Calamba while another has to be in Luneta. Last year, our topmost official related that he was in the enemy's land. Being a known administration stalwart, he wasn't sure how people in the city where the top opposition leader reigns supreme, would react to his presence. In the past, employees were sent to represent the office in such functions. Because no one wants to attend such functions, the employees are chosen by drawing lots. I would always dread this given my lucky streak in raffles of this kind.

I am just looking forward to this long weekend..........

PS: Ang hirap magkandakumahog sa paggawa ng pagsusulit ng mga estudyante ko. Mamaya na ang pagsusulit nila at kakatapos tapos ko pa lang magawa ang pagsusulit. Ang dami kasi sumisingit...... trabaho........ nandyan pa yun mga personal na bagay na dapat gawin. Para tuloy naalala ko nung estudyante ako na nagkakandakumahog ako sa pag-aaral isang araw bago ang pagsusulit. Ganon ganon din...... ako na nga lang ang nagbibigay ng pagsusulit......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites