Monday, June 15, 2009

Ika 15 ng Hunyo 2009: Pink Exam

The long weekend passed with me taking my sweet time. I needed to do one more exam. Yes, I am guilty of laziness...... I should allow myself some transgressions sometime. All work and no play makes one dull and grey...... Did I get my rhyme right?

This is the reason why I had work planned out coming to the office. I guess it was alright. Last week was full. This week should be lighter since we just finished a major job. As soon as I arrived in the office, I did my usual routine...... Then, I would learn that internet connection is down. Uh...oh..... I needed to visit a site for some of my test questions...... So, I can't........ I have to formulate my own problems....... argh! Left without any option, I opened all my references and past lectures and worked on the exam. It would have been easy if I was able to access that site. Lucky that we're on a lull and I can steal time.........

It's my quantitative analysis subject and it's not easy making up problems to solve. I had to ensure that a solution is possible. That's how I formulate my exams. I work on the answer key first. Once that is done, I just delete the answers and presto, that is my exams. Deleting the answers always makes me feel good. The students would always tell me they are challenged by my exams.... the literal translation is where the hell do I get my questions!

By mid-afternoon, I have framed my questions and was working on the solution. I would get a phone call from my colleague friend from our budget office asking if i could go there to sign some of the forms we prepared last week. I asked if I could just drop by her office around 5:00pm before I go to school. She said that the documents had to be signed asap as she also had to secure the signatures of higher officials. I relented thinking that I can leave as soon as I sign the docs. I went with my colleague who will also be signing some documents.

The documents were ready when we arrived and I signed them. My colleague had to work on some more paperwork. While waiting, my friend and I chatted the time away feasting on some foodstuff on her desk. When we were done, we went to the parking area looking for our driver who was nowhere in sight. My colleague called him and was told he was in the same office we were and would go down. He went down after around twenty minutes.

It was past four when we got back to the office and my class starts at five. I can no longer complete the answer key. I prepared the questionnaire from the half-done answer key. I was rushing and printed the desired number of copies on our network printer careful about not being seen by anyone. I had to be by the printer. When I checked the copies, the printer ink was almost gone and there were blank portions on the test papers...... argh. My own printer also has an almost empty black ink. I tried using another color hoping that it is still available in the colored printer ink. The fuschia color gave a good enough copy. So I printed my exams in that color. Probably, a good thing because my students are all girls.

I got off at 5:00pm and went straight to school. My students would always complain to me about how stressed out they are with their studies. Sometimes, I would answer them with a question asking them how they think I did for the day..... Other times, I would smile and keep quiet.... And then on some days, i would just shrug the whole thing off.......

PS: Pauwi, nadaanan ko ang isang gwardiya na nakaupo tanggal ang sapatos malapit sa hagdan ng binabantayan niyang daanan ng tao. Gabi na kaya wala na halos tao. Kaya siguro namamahinga na siya. Pero paano kung biglang me gulo o mangailangan ng tulong? Tatakbo siya ng walang sapatos?

Malayo pa pero tanaw ko ang sapatos niyang makintab na parang bagong bago sa itsura nito. Sa ibaba ng daanan ng tao, me isang gwardiya din na nagpapatrolya na nakasuot din ng makintab na sapatos. Mukang matigas nga siya. At sa trabaho nila, isa siguro itong sagabal sa mabilis at milksing pagkilos nila. Bakit nga ba kailangan matigas at makintab na sapatos ang suot nila. Bahagi ba yon ng pagiging gwatdiya. Maganda nga tignan pero pinahihirapan naman yun tao kung nananakit ang paa niya sa pagsuot nito. Lahat tayo nararanasan natin ito sa pagsusuot ng bagong sapatos.

Kung bakit kasi kailangan na me pormang kailangan ipatupad para sa isang trabaho kahit wala naman itong kinalaman sa trabaho?

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites