Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ika 4 ng Hunyo 2009: To Do What I Had To Do

I made arrangement with my friend-partner to delay her deadline for submission of our work tomorrow so I could take the day off to do my various chores I failed to do because of the sudden deluge of work. The most important of which is to accompany ED to school. I also need to buy frontline plus, a medication for the dogs to prevent fleas infestation. It's critical to do it now because three of my dogs are giving birth this month and i cannot risk fleas infestation at this time. The dogs have not taken a bath for almost a week which is the requirement since the dog's natural oil helps spread the fleas control medication. My helper wanted to bathe them because they somehow smell like dogs already. I prevailed upon her to hold the bath because we have to start all over again and wait for three days after the bath to apply the medication.

I should be able to handle my review class also which I missed attending yesterday because of our overextended meeting. I have a regular class in the evening.

Quite a list of tasks to accomplish for the day but I have to do it. Early morning, I sent an email to the staff in the office on the documentary requirements needed as a result of our meeting. After sending the email, I advised my boss about my leave of absence. I woke ED up and we both prepared for our trip. Since I am bringing our car, I told her to fix her dorm stuff so we could bring it. She's been asking me about scheduling a trip to their dorm.

As we were about to leave, she got a text message from her classmate telling her that her school is closed. What! After I mapped out a perfect plan for the day. ED's stuff were already in the car. My mindset is already fixed on doing everything in my list. ED and I were looking at each other. I told her to call her school. Not getting through, I told her to get the number and call from the car. I decided to go anyway since we were ready to go. I told ED to come with me to the school after we delivered her stuff at the dorm. I don't want to leave my leave of absence so things have to happen today.

As we were leaving, ED was finally able to get through and talked to one of the staff of an office in her school. The staff confirmed that the school is closed. Their accounting department will only be up to 10:00 am. We were still on the road at 9:30am. The staff was not sure up to what time the office where the student loans are processed would be opened.

The multi-tasker in me couldn't afford wasting opportunities. Along the way, I had to first go to the garden supplies to settle my account. Then, we had to pass by a house where I bought stuff a few weeks back to get an umbrella I left there. Then, we passed by the pet supplies store to get the medication for fleas prevention. ED commented that we couldn't make it to the school before lunch. I removed one errand to somehow pacify her.

We arrived at her dorm a little past 11:00am. We decided to go to the school to see what we can do before unloading her stuff. After wading through paddles of filthy water, we arrived at their school. The guards told us that the school is closed. I asked if we could check if the office for student affairs is still opened. He relented. When we got to the office, it was closed although the light was on. There was a sign taped to the door saying, "June 4, No transactions today). I tried to knock softly but there was no reaction. We lingered on..... then the door opened..... a lady visitor went out. I held the door and we got in. Nobody wanted to look at us. I know I was being a pest but I hate wasting my time and coming back another time. They need to see me sign the loan document to ensure that the parents are aware of the loan. I was trying to catch the attention of the woman nearest us but she was evasive and not smiling at all. I asked if they have office on Saturdays and she said none. She murmured that a sign was already posted on the door and that were only working on something critical. I dismissed her and asked if we could at least have the form that I can sign. She said, "only the form!" I asked again if I could already sign it. She said for us to go to the accounting office and sign it there. I was so pleased to have the form. It pays to be persistent.

It was almost lunchtime and we headed back to the dorm passing by PGH. The school's accounting office is in PGH. Again, I told ED if we could check if her loan application can be processed because I think the accounting office would be opened. So we went to the accounting office. Reaching it, we were told by the guard to return after lunch as they are on lunch break. Yehey! I think we can do what we set out to do.

We went to Robinson's Place to settle down and maybe have lunch. Once there, we couldn't decide where to go. I don't have the apettite for lunch because I have not been sleeping enough. I told ED to decide what she wants to eat. She chose Whamburger as the foodcourt was teeming with people. I simply wanted to sit down and freshen up. ED filled up her form there. We relaxed a bit. I was thinking about my review class all the time. When can I schedule it? My student is taking the exam tomorrow.....

After lunch, we went back to the accounting office. ED's form was processed. Yehey! I don't have to go back anymore. ED will just come back tomorrow to finish the process.

We went back to the dorm, unloaded her stuff, and paid her dues. We left to go to my school. I was hoping to have enough time to conduct the review class even for an hour. Then again, I couldn't resist doing my errand. We had to make another detour to Cartimar to buy pet stuff. I was hoping to return a pump I bought months ago as it was much too powerful for the zen fountain we set up. The shop did not replaced it insinuating that we used it. I ended up disappointed and mad as that was the main reason we went to that place. I told the shopkeeper it's ok but they just lost one customer. We left in a huff.

It was raining hard when we arrived at the school. The students just ended their activity in a class. I motioned for my student in the review class to hurry up so we could have even a short session. We did but I was not very satisfied with the class. My student was half-hearted because he has not studied most of the concepts we discussed. We had to cut it short to give way to our regular class. It was the last day of classes as it is finals week next week.

As I was driving home while ED was asleep, I was mentally crossing out tasks from the list pleased with myself as I was able to accomplish all of what I set out to do. ......

PS: Nung pauwi, lumakas na naman ang dyaskeng ulan. Tuwing lalabas yata kami ng anak ko dun bumubuhos na parang nananadya at nanunuya. Basa pati loob ng kotse tuwing papasok kami. Pero pasalamat na rin kami at me sasakyan kami. Di pa ako nakakalayo sa eskwekahan nang biglang huminto ang wiper ko sa gitna ng windshield.....@@##$$%^&*** Talaga naman. Sabi ko sa anak ko na magdasal. Sa mga pagitan ng tulo ng ulan sa widshield ko, pilit kong inaaninag ang daan. Hindi ako makatakbo ng matulin at di ko makita ng mabuti ang kalye. Natraffic pa kami sa malapit sa ginagawang bahagi ng Skyway. Nakabuti na rin sa min at nasa ilalim kami ng nakatayo ng bahagi ng Skyway at di nauulanan. Tulog na tulog na ang anak ko. Bigla na lang umandar ang windshield ko. Napangiti ako. Di pa rin ako pinapabayaan ng Nasa Taas.......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites