Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ika 21 ng Hunyo 2009: Father's Day

Brainchild's break.........

It's the day for our fathers..... MS told me that he needs money to buy a gift for his dad. He said for me to withdraw money from his bank account.... Kids are more aware of special events these days.

In my youth, I don't recall spending father's day. Mother's day..... yes. I would give a card we prepared in school and flowers I picked along the railroad tracks to my mother. I can't even recall if we had father's day back then..... or is the celebration a recent marketing ploy? In our case, my Dad was working in another town and he was out of sight for most days. His absence somehow got in the way of having an ideal family situation. My siblings and I had to deal with an absentee parent by force of circumstance. My mother had more than make up for my father's absence.

It makes us reflect on the importance of the fathers in our lives which might have been taken for granted all these years. Perhaps, time wishes to rectify the injustice to this all important person in the family.

Today, I wish all Dads a lovely day spent with your loved ones.......

It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father......Pope John XXIII


PS: Kailangan kong gumawa ng grades at sa darating na linggo ang pagsumite dito. Pero bakit ba tamad na tamad akong gawin ito.......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites