Monday, June 8, 2009

Ika 8 ng Hunyo 2009: No Access

I was planning to work on my final examination last night in my bedroom. But my bedroom light was busted. I was not too keen in working in any other areas of the house. I was sleepy because of the two-day medical and dental appointments we had. I decided to sleep early and set my mind into waking up early to go to work.

It is also MS’s first day of school. Surprisingly, their school did not suspend classes. Most school in the area including MD’s delayed opening of classes to next week. Even ED’s school opening was delayed.

I woke up early as planned and went to MS’s room. I woke up a revolting boy who cannot accept the fact that he needed to go to his school while his sisters vegged out at home. My boy is entering high school. He has a different uniform now, one for high school, but remains very much like a child in a time warp. He grudgingly woke up and dragged his feet descending the stairs. We had breakfast together. After breakfast, he went upstairs to prepare for school. I prepared his stuff while a helper prepared his lunch box and another one his uniform. Soon, Manong Bus Driver arrived to pick up his ward.

My turn to prepare…….. I woke up ED who needed to go to school for their school organization meeting. We went out together and parted ways at the main road to take our rides. Traffic was at a snail pace as usual. This explains why the queue at the terminal was long. The vans cannot go back immediately because of the traffic problem. I had to take the bus at Alabang to get to the office early.

I arrived early. I turned on my pc and was set to work. To my dismay, there was no internet connection….. drats. I have not had network access in the weekend due to problems Smart Bro, our WIFI provider, are experiencing. It appears that the bad weather has toppled its network in many places. Technicians’ hands are full. And now, even the office, has network problems…….. I cannot work! A clear illustration of how dependent we have become on technology……

Undeterred, I tried to do my work and squeezed in preparing my finals. Thank God I have an old exam in the same course which I spruce up and it was ready to go……

I will be in school later hoping that I get access to the internet finally…… it’s been three long days. Meantime, I am monitoring the repair job that the Smart Bro technician will do in our home wifi….. still no word from them even if they promised ED that they will come today! Better make that promise good as they do not want to mess up with a technology-deprived humanoid!

PS: Nagtext ang anak ko na me kaso na daw ng H1N1 sa Southmall, ang pinakamalapit na mall sa bahay namin, ngayon araw na ito. Kahapon lang ay nagpunta kami dun para bilhin ang mga kulang na gamit sa paaralan. Paano na yan na malapit na ang banta sa sariling tahanan? Nangangamba ako.........

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites