Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ika 10 ng Hunyo 2009: Another Topsy Turvy Day

Yesterday, I had to postpone finals for a class. I was supposed to have a meeting set after office because we asked our boss for such schedule instead of an early morning meeting. The meeting didn't push through. It seems she was too beat up to meet up after her meeting with our top boss. She called for a meeting at 8:00am instead today. So there was no escaping it this time. We need to meet with the topmost boss an hour after this meeting.

Last night, I checked on MS's stuff so as I could free up my morning because I know I'd be rushing. ED was taking care of MS stuff. Earlier, ED and MD went to MS's school to buy his books. Thank God, I have responsible big sisters to my baby. These girls would complain but would still do the chore. MS is one lucky brother of his two sisters.

I was also checking on my terrier who is due to give birth anytime this week last night. She was restless and clawing on the floor. I was trying to put her on a newspaper covered plastic matting we put up for her whelping. She kept going under a shoe cabinet in the garage. I was supposed to checked on her from time to time but I fell asleep and woke up only when my phone alarm went off at 4:30am. I jumped out of bed and went to the garage to check. My dogs were barking. When I went out I could hear subdued puppies crying but I couldn't find our terrier in the garage. I traced the cries and they were coming from somewhere in the small garden near the main door. I looked under our labrador cage and saw our terrier with tiny puppies. My heart melted...... I called on our helper to help me settle her. I guess she gave birth at dawn today.

I put fresh newspaper on the plastic matting and we laid her puppies one by one on top of it, four in all. Soon, we were able to coax the new mom to lie with her puppies on the plastic matting. I cleaned her up...... her paws have soil traces. We gave her fresh water. I told our helper to cook eggs for her to help her recover.

After a few minutes, she was in labor again. Soon enough, another puppy came out. I cleaned up the new puppy and helped it to nurse. When things looked well for her, I went back to the house to prepare for work. I didn't have time to have breakfast and asked my helper to pack food for me. MS was asking me about his stuff. ED neatly laid his things on the study room table. He put his things inside his bag. I asked my other helper to assist MS in labeling his other materials. I went to my room to prepare for work.

When I came down, I checked on our terrier again. She was again under the shoe cabinet leaving some of her puppies strewn all over the garage floor. There were six puppies already. Our boy helper just came in and I asked him to clean up an area in the bird aviary to secure the new mom and her puppies. I told him to put a lighted bulb in the whelping area to provide heat. I was flaring up because I couldn't leave the first time mom until she and the pups are ok and I will be late for our meeting if I stayed longer. I called up our other helper to help. Our boy helper prevailed upon me and told me to go to work already. I relented leaving word for them to ensure that the mom and her pups are secured.

In this harried state, I finally went out. I went to the terminal still teeming with vans with only a handful of early commuters. Traffic was manageable and I know I would make it. It was 7:50 when I clocked in. Again, I called the house to check. Everything was settled........ I hope to go home early today.

PS: Sa sasakyan kaninang umaga, isang pasaherong lalake ang ubo ng ubo habang nasa biyahe kami. Nitong mga nakaraang araw, tuwing me umuubo na malapit sa kin, di ko maiwasan di makaramdam ng kakaiba...... na parang ayaw ko huminga. Mahirap nang makakuha ng nakakatakot na H1N1 virus.

Kanina buong biyahe yatang umuubo ang medyo me edad nang lalake. Umubo rin ang lalakeng katabi ko ng ilang beses. Naamoy ko na amoy sigarilyo. Iniisip ko na lang na dahil sa paninigarilyo. Pero ang mamang matanda, ubo ng ubo talaga. Maya-maya ilang pasahero kabilang ako ang kumuha ng panyo para itakip sa bibig at ilong namin. Di ko alam kung maproprotektahan na kami ng kapirasong tela na yon sa banta ng H1N1.

Dapat kasi pag ganitong me banta sa kalusugan, yun mga taong me sintomas ay kusa ng magquarantine sa sarili para maiwasan ang pagkalat ng sakit. Sa pagtatakip namin ng ilong at bibig para tuloy aming diring diri sa kanya. Pero ano magagawa namin...... ayaw namin magkasakit........

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites