Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ika 28 ng Abril 2009: Review Class

I hit the road running today because I was late for a review class for a Cambridge exam I would be conducting. It would have been much more convenient if I rode a van in our shuttle service. But when I reached the terminal, there was a long queue and a lone van. I decided to take a bus in Alabang. My lone student texted while I was on my way that he was caught in traffic. We were coming from the same direction. Traffic was not bad, I was just late..... so was he. Since we're both late, I just acknowledged his text message saying I'd see him in school.

Not my usual route, I scampered along EDSA corner Ayala Avenue looking for the jeepney to ride to my destination. I was too flustered and didn't bother asking. Besides, everybody was in too much haste..........forget asking. I followed the crowd hoping I was following the right crowd. Since everyone was going that direction, it must be the right path. The jeepney terminal is hidden from view because it's along the small street behind the gas station. It wasn't long before I boarded the jeepney. After I got out of the jeepney, I ran on my way to the school...... quite a workout.

My student was already there when I arrived in school panting. I made a quick trip to the washroom. Then, I went to the room and buckled down to business. He didn't read the cases..... hmmmmpppppppp........ Patience........ I had to make him feel guilty by saying, I read the cases in the bus on my way to school. I gave him time to read each case and discussed afterwards. As expected, we didn't finish all. He was too beat up even before our time was up and promised he would read the rest of the cases......... I hope..... I gave him some materials to read and told him he could call me if he needs explanation for some concepts. I dashed to the office right after the review class barely making it to the afternoon session.

I took the morning off work to conduct this review class. Was it worth my time and effort? Financially, yes. My three hours of work in school is equivalent to a day's work at the office. In a way, my teaching job augments the meager pay of this public servant. But there is another part of me that wants to do this even for free. That is why, it was worth my time. The part that wants to share knowledge to make it useful. We need not be selfish with the little amount of information we possess because sharing enhances one's knowledge.

The Cambridge exams is one exams that the students look forward to but dread at the same time. To some of them, it is the penultimate dream....... their passport to the prestigious Cambridge University.

PS: Dahil wala akong TV sa kwarto, nakikinig na naman ako ng musika bilang alternatibong libangan. Bumabalik na naman tuloy ang hilig ko sa musika. Pero namimiss ko pa rin si TV....... sarap kasi yun nakahilata ka na at nakakatulugan mo yun pinapanood......... ang aking mababaw na kaligayahan......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites