Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ika 17 ng Abril 2009: Getting Back into the Groove

One of the things the boss of my office who is now assigned to another office did to 'punish me' for filing a complaint against her was to rid me of my responsibilities. For some, this might be ok as long as one gets paid even without doing something...... but hurtful for one used to getting the tough and challenging jobs in this office I toiled for a good part of my life.

Only about a month after my boss plucked me out of the academe to work for her team, I immediately felt that she and I are a bad fit. This is my second wind in this Department where I worked for two offices and several projects and bosses. Sadly, my boss along with her ilk (the leeches) stick like a sore thumb in my otherwise colorful and pleasant experience in this organization. In the few years I have been part of this forlorn office, they only managed to keep my principles true to the ideals adhered to by the more discriminating and professional men and women selflessly working for this Department not for their own glory.

I have suffered silently for many months after my boss came back from a very long hiatus to study a.k.a go on a long holiday for free courtesy of the government even as she continued to draw her salary and go back when she gets bored with demands of the study also for free. Why she was allowed is beyond the ordinary employee's comprehension.......... us, who can hardly get approval, for overseas assignment or studies, even if it's for free. That time, lady luck was at her side because the head of our HR Department is a good fairy godmother, I mean madrino, errrrr manager to her.

The wheel of fortune must indeed be round........ a bigger boss known for her strictness and eagle's eyes, was assigned to supervise our group. That was to signal the end of my boss and her ilk's happy days. I, along with a handful of brave souls, who dared opposed the abusive ways, felt relieved. Still, the process of cleansing is not fully complete. In a bureaucracy, proper procedures have to be observed.

Still, I am happy enough that somehow change is being instigated. My reassumption of the duties of my position is one such correction brought by this chain of events even while my complaint on several grounds is still hanging in the air.

Today, I am attending a meeting in one of the working groups I used to be part of. The staff of the big boss who chairs the group welcomes me back with open arms. I have yet to move back into the full extent of my responsibilities. The person who took over the position of the head of this office still feel trapped under the power of my boss who tries to exert her influence in every opportunity. The leeches are still here and she manages to use them in her scheme.

Meantime, I need to remain vigilant and not let my guards off anytime.....

PS: Sa isang linggo, simula na ng mga preparasyon para sa pasukan ng mga estudyante ko sa bahay. Magrereview class ang pangalawa kong anak para sa pagpasok niya sa kolehio sa susunod na taon. Magsusummer class naman ang bunso kong anak para sa pagpasok niya sa high school nitong pasukan. Ang panganay ko naman ay preparasyon sa pagpasok sa proper medicine ang inaatupag. Bukod sa mga gastusin, nandiyan din yun mga pag-aayos ng oras ng mga tao para makarating sa paroroonan ang mga kinauukulan. Kailangan me maghatid sa bunso kong anak. Wala pa ang isang kasambahay namin sa bahay na siyang naghahatid sa anak ko pag walang school bus. Maaring yung panganay kong anak ang maghatid pansamantala. Magrereklamo to pag ginawang permanente...... Kailangan din mas maagang kumilos yun kasambahay namin at maaga na ulit aalis ang halos lahat ng tao sa bahay.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites