Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ika 16 ng Abril 2009: PTC

Today is my son's PTC and I cannot take anymore leave of absence from work. I actually talked to ED a few days ago if she can get MS's report card. She subtly agreed to it. Last night, I reiterated the request. There was a bit of an issue because she is meeting up with friends on the designated day for a sleepover affair. I tried to reason out if she can be a bit late so she could take care of the PTC first. She subtly agreed once more.

Before leaving for work this morning, I texted MS's teacher to know the sked of the PTC. He texted me back on the sked. I told her that ED would attend the PTC on our behalf. I am not expecting anymore surprises as I actually talked to MS's teacher on his graduation day..... so I know what to expect. I told MS's teacher that whatever information we need to know may be relayed to ED....

The problem is the PTC is smack right into ED's meeting time with her friends. I woke ED and told her the sked. She would complain again that she's meeting her friends at that time. I asked her to delay meeting her friends a bit.... She wouldn't answer this time as she remained lying in bed an hour away from the appointed sked of the PTC. I would have to be a bit brusque in telling her that when they (she and MD) needed me, I would always oblige. I left her room. It seemed to work as ED would shout from her bedroom that she does not have loose change for fare. I quickly replied that I would give her fare money. I did.... before I left confident that our parental duty will be taken care of properly......

Sometimes, being a mom demands role reversals to suit particular situations. I might have been childish reminding my daughter on their (ED and MD) debt of gratitude on those times they needed me. I am no nagger and this particular style works for them. Leaving the room adds drama and at the same time allows them to make some self-examination and hopefully realization.... For ED, it never fails.... MD requires a little more drama and a bit of nagging......

Fortunately, I have good kids who just need nudging sometimes.... But I am sure that they care for each other ...... I hope that they carry this love for each other even when we are no longer around..... Knowing this, I walked feeling as light as a feather on the way to work..........

PS: Kahapon daw ang pinakamainit na araw nitong tag-init na ito sabi ng anak kong panganay. Abril pa lang. Iinit pa kaya? Maganda sa labandera pero kung namamalantsa ka, dusa.... Ayos para sa mga mangingisda.... pero parusa sa mga magsasaka..... At syempre ok na ok sa mga me negosyo ng resort o nagtitinda ng halo-halo o ice cream ....... pero di ok sa mga nagnenegosyo ng pagkain na nasisiraan ng paninda o yun mga gumagawa ng bagay bagay na natutunaw sa init...... Masaya sa mga bata at panahon ng pagpunta sa mga dagat o resorts..... Di maganda sa mga matatanda na pwedeng ma-heat stroke...... Mahirap ang mainit pero gaya ng ibang bagay me kabutihan ito sa ibang aspeto ng buhay....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites