Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ika 27 ng Hunyo 2008

I had to leave early for work today as I have an early morning appointment with the boss, the big boss really big. I definitely cannot be late and had to forego my morning bonding with my dogs. After giving the vitamins to my pooches; giving the new pups a quick sponge bath and replacing the pups' playpen with fresh newspaper sheets, I dashed to take a quick shower, dressed up and left the house at 6:45am with only one goal in mind to reach my destination in time. Meeting time is 8:30am. So I had a good head start.

I took the tricycle and was again contemplating on whether taking the shuttle service or the bus at Alabang. When the queue at the shuttle service terminal is long, it is actually faster to take a bus at Alabang to go to Makati. The stigma of my experience the other day still haunts me like a bad nightmare. When I reached the terminal, the queue was short and a lot of shuttle service were already there. Whew.... so far so good.

I got off the terminal andd rode the shuttle service. I couldn't sleep during the trip and had to review a document I will discuss with the boss. We reached Makati at around 7:30am. I clocked in at 8:01am. Hey, I am not late because we are on a flexi sked. My usual time is actually 10:00am. It felt good to be in the office that early because there is calmness. There are just a handful of people around and there is no rush.

Reaching my desk, I turned on my pc and went straight to yahoo mail. I read a couple of mails. Later, my colleague who will also be joining the meeting arrived. After a quick touch up, we were on our way to the meeting talking about stuff in the office. The venue is a block away from our office. Then my phone rang and it was the boss's secreatary. I said to her that we were on our way. She said that the meeting is reset at 4:30pm............ #&^&*((())^@$%%^. Of course, I did not curse but I wanted to........ What can we do....These big bosses are really busy people huh.

I always have alternatives ready in such situations. We proceeded to the building and my colleague and I went our separate ways. I went to my friend's office, fetched her, and went off to do an errant.

So far there is nothing spectacular about this day. The daily headline, though, brings some depressing news "Flowers, prayers at sea and tears, forgiveness, and blessings.........."

PS: Noting my friends' interest in my daily riding experience, may I ask if may mga ganitong experiences sa pagcocommmute? Maganda sanang ishare nyo din by posting comments.

Gusto ko rin ishare yun usapan namin ng isang dating classmate ko na mayaman na yata. Nung minsan nagkasama kami at kwinekwentuhan ko kasi tungkol sa pagcocommute ko, aba at di daw niya alam magjeep to and from his place....... Natural nayabangan ako at natitigan ko sya ng me pagkamangha. Muntik ko nga batukan at nang magising. Unang, una hello di bagay sa kanya. Panagalawa, san lupalop ba siya nakatira, sa isla ng Batanes... me jeep din naman dun at nakasakay pa nga ako sa bubong ng jeep dun na parang si Dawn Zulueta sa pelikula nila ni Richard Gomez na "Hihintayin kita sa Langit". Pangatlo, pareho nman kami pinanggalingan no. Ano sinasakyan niya nung nag-aaral kami... barko, eh jeep at tricycle lang sakayan non. Ah baka me kariton sila non kaya me sarili siyang means at di natutong magcommute.

Aral ulit ng dahil sa storyang to:
  1. Bago magyabang, siguruhin carry mo yan kayabangan mo ha.
  2. Pangalawa maging creative at di na cute yan ganyan style. Kung magyayabang kailangan di obvious...na gets mo yan.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites