Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Answered Prayer

On my way to work this morning, I got a text message from the school bus driver of my son saying that he saw my son being fetched by our helper from school. He said he pitied my son for having to commute to get home and that he can service him again.

Three weeks ago,I was agonizing over my son's travel to and from his school when his bus driver informed me the night before the first day of school that he would no longer be servicing my son. Apparently, the route to our house would cause him and his other passengers too much time and inconvenience. With the bus driver's help, I frantically scouted for a last minute replacement. Luckily, I got one from the driver's referral. Morning came and my son was picked up by his new bus service. I was relieved until I got another text message from the new bus driver telling me that he can't service my son because our house is too far. He had the good sense of telling me that he will bring home my son but that he won't service him anymore the following day. On the verge of tears, I tried to reason to no avail. I am not sure if wailing or threatening would work. Reason prevailed and I decided to tell my husband. For two days, we were trying to find replacement. No luck. It didn't help that the only alternative driver, my husband, was not pleased by his sudden designation as driver-conductor of my son. But there simply is no other choice. Forced by circumstances, he drove my son to school in the morning while my helper took the after-school schedule.

From then on, I worried sick whenever it rains or thinking about the many small trips by various transportation modes my helper and son make to get home. There was also my inner self hurting because I felt another rejection for my son. I must be getting paranoid but a small part of me surmissed that the disengagement may have something to do once again with his condition. I might be overreacting but who can blame me. Last year, his bus driver also dropped him. So please pardon my paranaoia.

My two daughters at times tell me that I love my son too much. I won't admit that because it's far from the truth. It's just that I have been hurt so many times having to deal with my son's hurt.

That text this morning message made my day and brought some tears to my eyes which I tried to hide because I was in a public utility vehicle. Of course, i said yes and thank him profusely. It's enough that another human can show great concern for my son. Thank you Manong and please continue to bear with my son as we help him make it through this life.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites