Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blogging and loving it

I never thought that my thoughts would find its way to countless people. The marvel of technology continues to amaze me and provide alternative medium to frustrated writers like me. I was hit by the writing bug at a young age and yet never found the chance to express my imagination. I am always bursting to the brim with ideas and yet I always lack the motivation to write because I like my writing to be published. I attempted a number of times. I was successful in only three or four attempts when my piece got published in a daily, school paper, and a souvenir program. Contemporary media have made it difficult for budding writers to get the break.........standards are way too high and writing is too constricted. This can proved limiting to the writer whose style might be cramped by too many restricrions imposed by traditional media.
It is high time that we break out of the norm and make creative expression a way of life. Probably, a lot of ills of society can be healed by free expression. Rage is the consequence of too much repressed anger, depression, frustration afflicting people today. If people are allowed full expression, their pent-up emotion can be released and may even be avenues for undiscovered creativity. Idle minds can go wayward.
Since I discovered blogging, I am a less stressed out, more open, and generally a much happier person. I have yet to become the great novelist, poet or writer of my time, but the freedom that blogging provides has given me the impetus to awaken the writing bug in me that has long been in inertia. While I have written for other people in my work but I have never been this happy in the pieces that I turn out.... in my struggles as a hesitant and uncompromising adult trying to fit in world bound by too many rules. There are still uncharted territories waiting to be discovered. But now that the gates have been opened, it would be easier to get there. When freedom is unbridled, creative expression has limitless possibilities and the potentials for great writing have suddenly become within reach. Flaws will always be there but blogging have made these the spices in an otherwise bland concoction . These can very well make your dish too salty or too spicy. Aside from allowing greater freedom of expression and personal style. blogging is more forgiving. One writes what he or she feels or believes with less inhibitions and freer-flowing train of thought. That is what makes blogging the preferred medium for wannabes like me.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites