Thursday, May 13, 2010

April 26 – May 2, 2010: Back to Normal?


On Monday, I was walking the old familiar road on my way to work.  The heat does not really do good to my sagging energy at the start of the workweek.  But there was much to look forward to today......  Kakay's return as she promised.  Even if we were able to cope up during the three weeks that she was away, we are eagerly awaiting her return..  My daughters were probably thankful for the last minute replacements as they would have been the substitutes for Kakay.  The thought is somehow scary as our home would be a total mess by this time if that happened.

I was back late in the evening because I have classes and everything was quiet.  I asked ED who was on her laptop if Kakay arrived.  She said yes but they have not seen her.  ED, MD, and MS went swimming again in the afternoon.  And it's likely that Kakay rested once she's home.  I would see her the following morning back to her old routine.  She gladly served my and hubby's coffee during breakfast.  She looked darker but refreshed.  With that, it's back to normal for my household.  There were switching of responsibilities and maybe some miscues.  One of the changes that immediately followed Kakay's return was Mandy's lingering in their room longer than usual in the morning.  Once again, I had to call attention.  The lethargy doesn't only affect Mandy but it seems everyone else is slacking off.  It usually happens after every vacation.  Probably, the long break could be affecting energy levels and there's also what I would call the 'vacay aftereffect' where one would still feel a longing for a vacation mode even after being back from one.  What's worst is it rubs on everyone else.   I would show irritation at times but still would try to understand.  Anyway, I guess this is normal and I know they would snap out of it soon.

The first rains fell in the intense heat of summer.  While there was temporary relief, the ensuing heat after the rain was gone was just too much to bear.  PAGASA said that the heat would only be more intense in the coming days...... oooh la la....

A quick reality check on my new responsibility as one of the admins of our music site would reveal that it is hard to mix my current role in our music site and my professional and personal life without one suffering.  I am again faced with too many things on my plate.  I can hardly chew.   Luck would still be on our side as we managed to get two friends to share manning chores with us.  This would ease our burden a bit and give us a breather…. But it was not without a problem as skeds are still giving us a headache.  By now, we’re getting into the hang of it and are more comfortable... there were lesser squabbling.....

We're anticipating a long weekend ahead and it is good.......  I need a break......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites