Friday, May 7, 2010

April 12 – 18, 2010: Coming to a Head


By this week, we were all too consumed by the demands of our music site. We realized that manning this site will take its toll on our life. There were some bickering among us, founders of the site. I think it is understandable that this will happen sooner or later. We were unprepared for the demand for a lot of our time and attention by the site. We did not exactly know each other. I almost gave up a couple of times. In the end, reasons prevailed as cooler heads intervened. The site holds too much promise and meaning to us to just let go. We want this, after all.

The other site, on the other hand, continued to maintain a protective stance for their site. We were trading barbs…… the other site ramming into the throats of their subscribers that they are the only intelligent choice as against our branding of our site as being the easy and convenient alternative. It turned ugly at certain points. We are supposed to be rationale people who would just like to have an alternative media and let’s admit it, a cheaper and accessible, form of entertainment. About this time, a fan of the other site went to our site to subscribe just to lambast us for wanting to gain credibility through the site we put up. Needless to say, a couple of friends interceded in our behalf, and I gave my own dose of food for thought to our intimidator. Immediately, after, she deleted all her comments.

Personally, I was struggling with staying sane with the demands of my work and household as well as our music site. To top it all, my old boss came back. I was wary because I have an old issue with her. I don’t know what to expect. Although during the Christmas season, I felt she was reaching out to me. She gave me a gift pack through one of her staff. I was taken aback as she has not done this for a long time. What is more surprising is that the pack contains Chinese ham which I told colleagues I'd rather have than the the ham loaf given by the Department to all staff. So someone must be delivering messages to my boss. Of course, common courtesy dictates that I had to express my gratitude. And it's Christmas, the season of love. I sent her a text message thanking her for the gift pack. She immediately replied. I sent her two more text messages of greetings during the long Christmas break. She replied back with greetings. After the Christmas break, there were few times we would bump into each other and we were not exactly mushy but were cordial to each other. Beyond that, I do not know what's in her mind.

My mind was practically on the music site we set up the entire week. It was like a tug of war on manning of the site. I found myself drawn to it almost the entire day that I ended up covering for my friends when they cannot man their slots.

This is the second weekend that I failed to do some of the house chores I was supposed to do. I managed to oversee the bathing of the dog. This is also the second weekend that sleep is lacking. The other site continues to be adversarial but we learned to take things with a grain of salt. It really doesn't matter what they think..... we are happy and free in our own site. However, I might be spreading myself too thinly......

1 comment:

File Personal Bankruptcy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites