Tuesday, May 11, 2010

April 19 – 25, 2010: It's Getting Hot in Here



As we gained more experience on the site, we learned to relax and not overly stress ourselves.  But the demands of manning the site is too overwhelming at times.  Since I work too, I felt like I am spreading myself too thinly at times.  In one instance, I felt like being pulled in different directions as I tried to get a work assigned to me by my boss done while I was trying to work on old midterm exams to give them a fresh coat.  Midterm exams are scheduled this week.  Because of pressures at work, I had to call off a scheduled make-up class this week to finish a work that my boss has been hounding me about.  Since, we're both trying to start anew, I didn't want to be the cause of a reopening of the old 'wound'.  At the same time, we, founders of our music site, have to maintain our site as there have raised expectations among our friends.  There would be bickering at times.

The temperature is also soaring to the point when even tempers fly.  I find myself getting irritated too easily when things don't work out as expected.  The kids are complaining about the heat.  I could only sympathize.  Use of airconditioning equipment has to be controlled because a soaring electricity bill could aggravate the our problem.  Enrollment is coming up pretty soon.  The kids beat the heat by taking a dip in the village pool every so often.

We would learn about the extension of Kakay’s vacation as related to me by MIL.  She told one of our helpers that she was sick after having her tooth extracted.  It is no really big deal now.  By this time, our helpers have pretty much adjusted to the routine.  There were few irritants every now and then but things are well.

I managed to squeeze in a dinner date with my friend V........ in our favorite korean resto just before the weekend.  Over korean bbq and soju, we talked about the mundane and the silly.  By the end of dinner, we were just the right tipsy and light mood to get home.

In the weekend, I kept my new weekend routine..... man the site very early in the morning, chores until late afternoon while posting songs every now and then, hear mass, some more errands outside...... family bonding time, eating together, with some rest.  It was over in no time........

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites