Monday, August 17, 2009

August 8 - 16, 2009: Hitting a Plateau


Monday blues.... There is no worse time for me than Monday morning. I would have to leave a lone helper at home taking care of everything including my beloved dogs. She did not have this task before. She had been relieved of laundry duties. It is not humanly possible to do all those chores.

By midweek, I along with my colleagues attended the groundbreaking of our own building envisioned to house all our offices upon its completion. Right now, our offices are scattered all over. Part of the reason that a single building is being built is to make it easier for our clients to deal with different agencies under our Department. Being client-centered, we had to be responsive to their concerns related to doing business as they transact with various agencies. I think too that it makes it easier for the management to lord over their subjects, that's us.... sssssssshhhhh.....

Towards the end of the week, I attended a seminar on environment preservation. I am absolutely convinced of the need to do something about the environment. The video clips shown to us made me misty-eyed. How can we all take our environment for granted? I guess there is a general acknowledgment of the need to do something about the environment NOW! The problem lies in disciplining ourselves in sustaining the helpful practices that may seem marginal right now but if done collectively over the years will bring a better earth for our next of kins. Our resource person cited the efforts of a competitor organization adding that in the business of environment there is no competition as cooperation is the key. Maybe, there's hope.

It is better to light just one little candle, Than to stumble in the dark..... (taken from the lyrics of the song One Little Candle. A reminder of the power of one.)


After the talk, we went to Nuvali Evoliving, an Ayala Land project in Cabuyao, Laguna that combines the convenience of urban living in a suburban setting while at the same time promoting a lifestyle of responsibility and sustainability among diverse spaces, activities, and services. Part of the plan is the greening of the area by arranging corporate tree-planting activities. And yes, we planted a tree after being fed a sumptuous lunch. I am not sure if I planted my tree correctly. My buddy told me I did it wrongly because the seedling broke away from the soil holding it. The guide told us to loosen the soil by rolling it on its side and loosening the soil. The soil holding the seedling was way too dry and mine was really loose after I roll the seedling on its side. I still went ahead and planted it. I would not want the hole that I dug to go to waste. My buddy said that my seedling could probably survive if it is watered. I hoped that the rains come that day.

Just as quickly as this week started, the weekend came into view. It felt like I actually hit a snag this week. Save for my very first tree-planting, there was nothing really exciting. The emotional roller coaster the previous week must have drained me of whatever emotions I could muster for the week. I just wanted to retreat in the weekend.

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites