Friday, August 28, 2009

August 24 - 30, 2009: Relative Calm


Things kinda settled down this week.

I still couldn't get my rhythm in going to work early. There would be days I can manage but most days I would fail. I have to work on my consistency. Traffic is terrible but I am getting used to it as the Skyway will be completed in 2011. That leaves me with no choice.

Things have normalized at home with the new helper. She does a good job of doing our laudry although she said she doesn't know how to iron clothes because they do not have an iron. Still, she tries hard to do it for us. I told her it can be learned. She also does not know how to cook. I am afraid to ask why because she might say they don't have food to cook and my heart would bleed. I console her with the fact that my old helper didn't know how to cook before and learned in the process. I am sure the same thing will happen to her.

By the end of the week, I attended a training on facilitation skills. The resource person was funny but there was hardly anything new I picked up from the seminar. It was good enough to stay away from the office for one whole day with free meal...ya'y.

The weekend was far more interesting than the rest of the week.

On Saturday, I set out to register the dogs. I am doing this alone this time. I had to call my friend V.... to ask for directions. She frequents the area. After carefully explaining the direction to me, I thought about inviting her to come with me. It didn't take too much convincing and a plan was hatched. I let MD tag along. She enjoys tagging along with me and my friends because of the perks of such trips..... dining out, impulse shopping, indulging in occasional guilty pleasures, being let into some discrete girls' talk and bantering (we had to be extra careful with the language when our kids tag along) plus the chance to get out of the house. MD has always been "on the go" and it doesn't take much prodding to get her out of the house. The only exception is when she is studying for their major exams.

After lunch, MD and I set out for a long day ahead. We fetched a lady I promised to guide on the dog registration process.......... then my friend V........ It was a very amusing trip of four ladies with my friend V.... and myself talking mostly. The other lady would be let in the conversation at some points. We reached PCCI without any hitches. We were done with the dog registration in no time.

The plan was to go to Greenhills to while the time away. The lady who went with us did not join anymore as she needs to attend to her nail saloon business. Of course, she left us with options on spending our free time at her saloon.... It's not for free but I guess we would be getting good service or discounts. We dropped her off where it would be easy for her to get a ride.

A lady and two women would scout around the bargain shops of Greenhills without any particular intention in mind... kinda dangerous.... to the pocket. To my credit, I didn't indulge in impulse buy and put up a brave front. Thank goodness, MD was cooperative. My friend V......... didn't spend much either. It turned out she does this kind of thing when she's bored at home.

When our eyes hurt from our window shopping, it was time to go. We went to hear mass at nearby Sanctuario de San Jose. As we were entering the church, a wedding entourage was coming out. My friend V..... commented that she hasn't seen a wedding for a long time. I nodded in agreement as I haven't seen one for a long time as well. Is it because we're past that phase or we just don't get invited anymore?

After the mass, we went for dinner. Finally, there was something MD could look forward to. We were unsure where to go and looked around until we settled on Mini Shabu Shabu. It would surely be a gastronomical feast to a starving threesome. My friend V........ placed our order after some discussion. In time, our food would arrived and we were assisted on setting the fire. Soon enough, we were left to ourselves with each one doing her own concoction from the ingredients provided. It was one hot meal that was a delight to an empty stomach. After dinner, my friend V..... who decided it will be a treat for MD, picked up the bill. She gave her card to the waiter. A few minutes after, the same waiter would come back asking for another card as they couldn't process the transaction. My friend V.......... said it was impossible that the card would be rejected as she knows she has available balance and she just used it. I suggested that he call the bank. He left ..... and was back again with the same problem. By this time, my friend V........ was showing signs of irritation. I again told the waiter to call the bank. He replied that they do not know the number.... What!!!! They handle credit card transactions and yet they do not know the contact numbers of companies they are dealing with !!!!!!!!???? Hello!!!! From the tone of this, I guess you know what happened next. He probably was not warned about us and he surely got it.

My Friend V....... called the credit card company who confirmed that there was nothing wrong with the card nor the transaction. The waiter again went to the counter and V........ followed him. I followed too. V..... then gave the phone to the waiter. After the call, the waiter would show us he swiped the card on the machine and the transaction would not go. He tried swiping the card on the other machine and the transaction was approved. Again, I guess you know what happened after this show of lack of sensibilities and initiative by this guy towards two toughies. It turned out he was the manager of the place.... more useful information to dress him down. By this time, everyone's attention was on us and we had to leave the place pronto. I called on the MD and we left and headed for the parking. The drive going home was fun as we recounted what just happened..... Poor guy!

I dropped my friend V.... at her home and MD and I proceeded to go home. There was a bit of a traffic and we were home by midnight.

On Sunday, my new helper went to her brother's home to visit her kids and bring her daughter to our home. One of her kids was also celebrating his birthday and she planned a small family party for him. It was a usual lazy Sunday for our family. I am looking forward to another phase in our household when my helper's daughter arrives....

2 comments:

dFish said...

Kakatuwa naman yung bagong kasambahay mo. Sigurado ka hindi French cuisine pinapahanda mo? And the free meal - wooo!

brainchild said...

di naman french at kakarampot yon... magugutom ang mga alaga ko hehehe

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites