Friday, July 29, 2011

Ominous August

I have been so very, very, very, very remiss in updating this blog... writer's block, taking on more than I can chew or just plain lazy .... I think the last one would correctly describe the syndrome. I will try to the best of my ability not to lose it and update this blog pronto.... so help me please as I will write the succeeding entries aided only by a mind that falters due to LT & ST memory loss ...

Fortunately or unfortunately, August was an unforgettable month due a recurrence of an old situation. I never felt comfortable enough that all's well between us all this time even if we have mended fences ..... and so I thought ...

There wasn't anything I recall anymore about this month but that fateful Friday the 13th. My old nemesis told me to attend a meeting I wasn't apprised about. I came to the meeting because a good soldier follows his superior. Surprisingly, my boss and her entourage weren't in the meeting room long after the meeting started. Our superior showed irritation as she wanted everyone to be there before she starts. Once they marched in, she made them realize she felt slighted by the rude gesture. And the meeting unfolded ...

My boss appeared not happy and was not saying anything after a mild dressing down by our superior. For some reason, it felt different. The moment she took the report I brought to the meeting and began asking me questions about it at the same time our superior was asking one of the attendees the same questions she was asking me, I knew it would be coming. She was not attentive to the meeting but just focused on the document she took from me and scribble something there. Across her, I could read the very deeply scribbled familiar handwriting shouting the words SEE ME flaunted in front of her for anyone to see.

Not contented, she would tell the entire body that she wants to talk to me and wanted us to leave pronto as soon as the meeting was over. It felt like being pulled by the ear from my seat by my boss. For some reason, we both had to pass by the comfort place after a long meeting. She wanted to dress me down right there and then. I told her we better go to her room as we don't know what can possibly happen. She turned her back and banged the door and dashed out as I followed.

Even before reaching her office, she would tell her assistant to tell me to go to her room when I was just behind her. Is she delusional or simply wanted to make a show of her power to abuse subordinates? Once inside her room, she told me I should not speak and just listen to her. Is she giving a speech? because I was not really in the mood ... Her eyes were mad like she's in a rage and about to attack... After some exchanges, I was about to give her the floor motioning for her to give her piece as I was taking my seat, when she dashed out of her room and in a shrieking voice publicly gave me a dressing down. I was stumped but managed to return the complement by telling her to be the superior she expects me to be ....

Like old times, our top official's office was my only destination to unload what does not feel right. I hate bugging her with this old rift but where else would I go.... and I feel she should know.... hoping that one day she can do something about the situation that changed so many lives in a small office with a huge problem. I wasn't expecting much but told our top official and another official that I want peace of mind and simply want to transfer office. Still like old times, she gave me comfort listening to my woes but not a definite action....

.... and with this the old fire raged like it has not been seen before..... well, some things are simply not meant to be......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites