Friday, July 29, 2011

November in Contrast

Because it was the month we honor our departed loved ones.... The first day of the month set some poignant soul searching for the memories it brings...... It was as we always spend All Saints' Day. We trekked to the cemetery along with the throngs. We visited my mother and father's grave a week earlier than the actual day. There was nothing out of the ordinary. We lit our candles, offered prayers, lingered for awhile. My brother and I left the brood momentarily to visit our half-brother in a nearby grave. Then, we went home shortly.

Quite surprisingly, MIL agreed to not go to FIL's grave on the day itself but settled on the day after, All Soul's Day.... We had the usual thing. MIL and the helpers started the day early cooking a buffet for the family.

The day ended not very well when MIL fell ill and blamed BIL and hubby for her malaise because they teased her about being together with FIL in our next visit. MIL laughed at the joke when it was told but the light mood changed when she felt like coming down with the flu as we prepared to go home. Hubby was in a foul mood driving home as MIL continued to show sensitivity to the joke he and BIL made earlier. Apparently, the joke would be on them as revealed by events later .....

In the middle of this month, our labrador retriever, fell ill.... It just lay on its side after its morning walk, unable to move its hind legs. Hubby wanted whatever ails the dog to just run its course but I prevailed upon him to bring our lab to the vet. Our lab stayed with the vet for about a week. I visited him bringing along some of his dog friends. I would bring him home one day with his hind legs still not able to feel. We had to give him both medication and physical therapy to try to revive the bad legs. There would be days when things seems to look up..... I am keeping my hopes high ..... somehow, Jello seems to respond to me positively and I would form this bond with him as I encourage him to get well and walk like old times. He's always been a sweet dog but being large and untrained, I couldn't contain him when he is walked in the past..... I would handle some of his grooming needs when he is uncooperative with the helpers. In gratitude, he would lay his head on my side .... He gets a daily pat on the head from me whenever I get home ...

After the All Saints' Day spectacle, the rest of the month would actually pave the way for the merriment the following month.....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites