Tuesday, January 5, 2010

December 28, 2009 - January 3, 2010: A Toast to a Brand New Year


It sucks that I had to go to the office on Monday disrupting what is supposed to be part of the Christmas season. I don't mind not having to benefit from holiday economics any other time but this time P/GMA should really be declaring the entire Christmas season as one long holiday for the benefit of the lazy bones. Of course, it's not gonna happen. Holidays are very bad for the economy.... But isn't tourism part of the economy too.... so with consumption......

Being the responsible adult that I am supposed to be, I reported to work not only on Monday but also on Tuesday. My mind was on anything but work though. Thank goodness, school is off. I consoled myself with the thought of a long holiday beginning on Wednesday.

Miraculously, I started feeling good as soon as the long holiday started..... which is actually good as I want to exorcise the bad vibes and karma of the past year and start with a clean slate.

On new year's eve, we went to hear mass. Then, we feasted on our Media Noche. As midnight drew near, we went out to join the neighbors in welcoming the new year. Firecrackers turned the neighborhood into a virtual warzone even if the fireworks appear to be getting smaller each year. As midnight stroke, we would be toasting to a brand new year with our neighbors. Kids and even oldies would be jumping up and down in the hope of getting taller or perhaps to symbolize aspiring to get closer to one's goals. As the firecrackers died down, we would get back into the house with empty wine bottles and wine glasses.

Before finally hitting the sack, I started sending my greetings to friends and foe on my phonebook. It might be worth mentioning that I seem to have mended fences with a bitter enemy..... I hope I did. She actually initiated the gesture by sending me a an unexpected gift before Christmas. I was actually taken by surprise with her gift but felt good about her gesture. I had to thank her which she acknowledged. She was among those I sent greetings to on this new year's eve and she greeted me back. Could this be the start of a new year for us?

I had to finish off the weekend with a feel good day at the spa before I go to work the following day. The spa has a promotional offer on its services and i just have to avail it. Carting MIL and MD, we trooped to the spa for a pleasurable time. MIL was given with a gift certificate at the spa by the kids. I gave her another treatment as my gift. MD also availed of a number of services. Of course, I had the most treatments and services. Well, I deserve it. It took us all of seven hours to complete all treatments and services but it felt very good afterwards. I swear I could skip dinner to avail of more services but MIL and MD were probably raring to go home.

With an eventful week, I am ready to face a new day on a new year...........

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites