Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 6 - 12, 2009: God's Time

Failure should challenge us to new heights of accomplishment, not pull us to new depths of despair. failure is delay, but not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead-end street
William Ward


Being human, we succumbed to weakness when things don't go our way. I am no exception to human frailties. I would find myself asking why things happen to me..... With recent events, it felt like I fell to my valley of tears. Do I deserve this fate? Should it happen to me? Why? Lots of questions begging for answers....

The entire week was perhaps uneventful. I not only felt so unproductive, I also despair about the loss of additional income. In the past, I said that teaching was for me more of a calling than anything else. Yet, the financial windfall helped tide me through tight times. It certainly will be very hard for me for the next months........

The end of the work week was the turning point. A talk with the new boss provided some light and might just turn out to be my fulcrum. I had been given a new leash on my job. It is up to me to seize the moment. I also found the reason why some windows had to be closed to me at this time. Truly God knows best!

Chatting with my friend colleague who also suffers from our messy office politics in the weekend, I uttered, "God is truly good!" And she agreed.......... At the homefront, things were clearing up as well. As restitution, I guess, hubby let me ordered my choice pizza at Joey Pepperoni during our going away snack for ED who was going back to her dorm earlier than usual....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites