Tuesday, July 6, 2010

June 7 - 13, 2010: The Hurt

I was immensely enjoying my free time from being liberated from a responsibility I was thrust into by fate. I didn't have to spend time monitoring the site which admittedly eats up so much time not to mention opportunity lost from spending quality time with family and friends.

However, I still check on the music site from time to time just to see how they are doing. From all indications, it appeared to be crumbling. The mess was even played out in one of the segments and I had to ask a friend at the site to remove the said post. It was removed belatedly and damage was done. I was thinking that in any undertaking, nobody is indispensable. Anyone could fill up a void. My absence could easily be masked as an unexpected break because of numerous competing concerns. But it was not to be....... My departure was followed by another one.... That proved to be the last straw.....

By midweek, I knew I had to help institute some damage control. I appeared at the site as a friend making requests so as to have a semblance of normalcy. The segment is being manned by one of my first friends in the old site. She was returning to vjeing chores from a long hiatus as her hubby who works outside the country was home for his annual vacation. My unexpected presence led to the two of us catching up and for some reason she hit my soft spot. Next thing I knew I was back in the site and taking control of things once again. I had to make an appeal to the other vj who left the site after I did...... It took more than a day before he would reply.......  We all heaved a sigh of relief after that.... and we took to our tasks like nothing happened. I, however, had to stressed to my friend the essence of teammanship and supporting each other ...... I guess she understood.........

So the rest of the week, I was back to the site manning my board, making friends, snooping around and thinking how we can make the site better. I guess once a music lover, always a music lover........

The week also marks the end of another term in the school.... I will have to go through the motions of deciding who should make the cut once again.......

In the weekend, a hurtful remark between ED and I coupled with poor timing turned ugly. She was teary-eyed and dashed to her room banging the door behind her.... I was hurt and mad..... Hubby had to ask me what made ED cry. I was like a fallen fighter on the defensive..... I told him I simply asked ED why she was mad....

I had to go some place and meet up with friends right after that.... My brother texted that he was coming over upon the invitation of MS. It was too late to change plans and I went on meeting up with my friends telling my brother to just come over... We spent a couple of hours catching up over coffee. I told them I was in a hurry because I will be seeing a movie with MD.... a plan I made last weekend thinking that I have more free time as I was out of the music site. Last weekend, I had a movie date with MS....

When I went back home, my brother and his family were in our home. ED was gone. She went back to her condo with nary a word. I felt a pinch in my heart. We quickly had dinner as MD and I were trying to go for an earlier sked of the movie. My brother and his family had to cut short their visit. They went with MD and I to the mall and we parted ways. MD and I went to see Sex and the City 2. Well, it was not quite what I expected. I like the first more that this one.... The song number in the flamboyant videoke bar was a bit tacky and overdone.... I hope they didn't have to do the singing. I was cringing in my seat. The clothes and styles were something else, however.... I think I will try out one of those hairstyles....

After we went back home, I hurriedly set up the lappy on my lap table and propped myself on the bed to man my board. I was hoping to receive a text message from ED like she used to do everytime she goes out and reach her destination..... nothing.... I thought to myself, "fine", if that's how she likes it..... but I was hurting.... With tears in my eyes, I manned our board just like I used to.........

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites