Friday, June 25, 2010

May 31 - June 6, 2010: The Dreaded C

Early this week, I would learn about a classmate condition.... The guy, a casual friend, has the Big C. He is supposed to be at the prime of his life..... with a wife and growing kids surrounded by family and friends. He has his own business with a great potential. The sad news also brought to mind the condition of two of my uncles who are also struggling with the dreaded C.

Both my parents succumbed to the Big C at their prime age. With all the news I am getting lately, I can't help but think I might be next....... I hate entertaining the thought but the possibility is not entirely remote. It sucks to know that.......

Another friend's dad died unexpectedly early this week.... Our friends, son and daughter-in-law of the deceased, will be coming from the US on Thursday. V..... and I immediately made our plan to visit the wake towards the end of the workweek.

Vexed by the demands on my time by our music site and the lack of commitment by some of us in keeping the site operational, I quit my role at the site by midweek. It felt liberating......

On Thursday, V..... and I went to the wake of our friend's dad.. Our friend, son of the deceased, hugged us tightly to probably hide his tears upon seeing us.   He and his wife, both are friends way back in college, though obviously grieving, were only too happy to see us.  Even for a brief moment, we put a smile to his face while we were there.  We had to leave shortly because V..... had to visit a sister in a hospital.

Even with all this, I managed to put together people who hardly knew each other but were drawn to one another because of their love of music.. On Friday, I finally met up wih my musically-inclined cyber friends.... Food and singing were the staple that made the evening...... There were not many of us but we had one memorable night that made new friendships in that eyeball.

Some college chums were bunched with us to discussed what we could do to make the burden of our cancer-stricken classmate lighter. There are some issues though...... Later, S......., my friend who just planed in from HK, arrived and joined the group.

After we bade goodbye to our friends, S...., her hubby and son; and a couple of friends and I went for coffee at a nearby Mcdo. We discussed the plight of our classmate and agreed that we would pool resources to help. We went home around 4:30am......

In the weekend, with no more responsibility in the site, I was able to go to the spa with my friend V....... and to see Shrek with MS......

Ah, what a life.................

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites