Friday, July 9, 2010

June 14 - 20, 2010: Letting Go

Monday is a holiday as Independence Day fell on a Saturday. A holiday is always something to savor...... I did......

It was the usual workweek except that there were only four days for most. I had to squeeze in making grades because of a deadline imposed. This is one task that is too much of a chore for me. With just a handful of students, it should not really take too much time. What makes it taxing is the difficulty of adjusting certain portions reasonably just so certain students can make the cut....... I remember a time when my class was like a pressure cooker everytime that grades were to be given.... I had quite a reputation for being an executioner. I guess I mellowed down over the years......

I still have not heard from ED till the very end of the work week. MD, she, and I had a previous plan to meet up that Friday and do some shopping for clothes as we'll be attending a debut and watching Cats next month. I was certain it wouldn't push through...... Then, I got a text message from MD asking if she would come to the office. I asked if ED was coming and she said no. I asked if she knows how to come to my office and she doesn't. I told her I'd give her direction once she is on her way. I asked MD another time to ask ED........ still negative. I guess it's just going to be me and MD. MD had to take her lunch before she meets up with me. A long time passed and MD hasn't texted.... I asked her what's taking her long. She said that ED is going with us and she's in her condo waiting for her sister. I felt relieved and was secretly chuckling inside..... When they set out, it was ED who was communicating with me. I told them to meet me at the mall. They could eat if they had to wait for me. MD asked through ED if I'll shoulder the cost of their meal. There was no way I wouldn't......

They arrived at our meeting place ahead of me and went to a burger place... After finishing up some stuff in the office, I set out to meet up with my daughters taking the train to avoid traffic. I was still far and I could see them waiting for me outside the resto. ED came to me and kissed me. There was no need to say anything....... I was extra generous with my girls particularly ED. ED is not the clothes shopaholic, it is actually MD and I who are. So whenever ED fancies something, she would usually get it whether it's from me or it's from her dad. We were looking for bargains but some interesting stuff turned up. ED ended up buying the most among the three of us. The girls were tired and I was starving after turning up the place inside and out. We sought refuge in a nearby chinese resto. After dinner, we went home.....

The following day, I gave ED the stuff she was asking from me..... the subject of our altercation. It was something I'd like to keep for myself but I let go of it.......

We also had to let go of our stay-out pet caretaker in the weekend. I thought she wanted out......   A few weeks ago, she intimated to the other helpers that she would leave once her husband is able to find work. I talked to her one lazy afternoon about her plans. She confirmed what she told the other helpers. I asked her if I should look for someone already. She said yes. I told her there's someone waiting to work for us. We could already call him. She nod grudgingly.....

The replacement came about three weeks ago. Hubby let our stay-out pet caretaker to stay on so as she can train the new helper on the job and make for a smooth transition. We still maintained her a couple more weeks out of compassion. Her husband hasn't found work yet.

Hubby was in the supermarket with MD for our weekly shopping when he texted me to tell our stay-out helper that this is her last day.  He said he might not be here when our helper goes home. I didn't want to do it. Letting go of someone in our employ is one thing that I would have a hard time doing. I stalled and stalled until hubby and MD returned from their shopping. He asked if I told our helper. I told him I haven't .... He was motioning me to do it and I was shaking my head. I motioned that he should be the one to do it..... I saw how uneasy it was for him, too. He and MD were going out again and he had to do it immediately. He was pacing back and forth his car. Our helper was walking one of the dogs. Hubby approached her and talked to her briefly. I was near hubby's car and asked him if he told her. He said yes and that our helper said she understood. Hubby and MD left again. I was there uneasy as I have a soft spot for this kind of things.... I had to tell our helper she could assist in the dog chores in the weekend if she hasn't find a job yet...... She left shortly........

So that is my emotional rollercoaster for the week......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites