Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 11 - 17, 2010: The New Becomes Old


The new year feels old on its second week. The honeymoon period is over. There is no turning back nor stopping it. Yet, somehow you still feel attach to the old..... Like when you write the year on dates of transactions with banks or dates on reports, I am predispose to writing the old year. Well. I have written that year for the last 365 days. Writing a new year takes getting used to.......

I was assigned a speech to write for the Secretary this week for an upcoming Department-wide activity.... just as my lazybone was just about cracking out of hibernation but not really out of it yet. It was not exactly unexpected as I have been given the unenviable task before. In one such assignment, the Secretary raved about how much he liked a speech I wrote. That makes me a natural choice for this assignment.

I have been slacking off writing lately. My blogging suffers. The initiative is just not there..... I thought that pooling my daily journal into a weekly thing would free up time for me to write on things I really care about because there would be less pressure. It backfired..... I used to be able to manage writing a daily post and at my worst be two days late tops. Now, my posts are three week late. Blame it on my lethargy fueled by the cool weather of the Christmas season .......or more correctly my laziness.

It might take a jolt to to rekindle my fire. I think I work best with pressure. Be it school or office work or a hobby or errand, I accomplish a whole lot more under pressure. This would explain why I have to pile up or bunch together activities. I am sure I would do something about it but right now, I just like to get back on track.

On a personal note, this week saw some old wounds reopened due to an altercation between family members that turned ugly. I have not spoken to one of the protagonists for a long time and it just validated whatever animosity I have for this person with this latest caper. What's worst is that this person has the nasty habit of letting anyone who care to listen into the whole mess dragging innocent people in the process. The other protagonist would confide to me how he pities the other inspite of the strained relationship. Sadly, this other person can easily put on a sheep's clothing in front of other people. This person also gravitates towards people who welcome intrigues and controversy and take pleasure in other people's pains and misfortunes. Well, predators of the same mold hunt for the same prey.....

It seems like the new year would soon be just another year. We would keep on getting the same hits, the same misses, the same crap ....... Even if the new year takes time getting use to, it loses its novelty in time and we will all fit into a pattern of ease.... and just like old habits, it becomes familiar......

2 comments:

dFish said...

You write so well Amor, and this is probably the reason why you penned this line: "My blogging suffers." Hehe. But i love this last phrase:

"It seems like the new year would soon be just another year. We would keep on getting the same hits, the same misses, the same crap ....... Even if the new year takes time getting use to, it loses its novelty in time and we will all fit into a pattern of ease.... and just like old habits, it becomes familiar......"

brainchild said...

I hope to shake this lethargy and get back into shape soon. I find ideas drifting endlessly into my thought stream at times and they're wasted if I can't put them into a form. You always lift me up, Al! thanks....

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites