Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 4 - 10, 2010: Fresh Start


After my luxurious treatment at the spa, I am ready to face a new day on a new year.....

I am hoping that feeling good at the start of the week would somehow rub on people and things you encounter. It's a brand new year, a brand new week, a brand new day..... I was feeling good going to the office.

Last year's change in schedule proved hard to hurdle. I face the same challenge every morning. On some days, I would succeed...other times not so. I notice that I am coming to the office much earlier than my previous record. I see this as a small step that leads to the right direction. I just have to try much harder each day.....

Part of the reason I arrive in the office earlier is the change in the mode of transportation I have been doing since the last months of last year. I cannot battle with the monstrous traffic in SLEX. I studied my options and tried and tested all sorts of combinations of vehicles when I commute to the office. The uncomfortable jeepney ride to Alabang and the ride in the spacious bus (provided you sit in the middle of a three-seater or beside the window) would be the fastest route to my office. I have been making use of this route more often than not. I noticed that a number of my co-riders in the shuttle service in the village have been doing the same. Could it be because of the shorter travel time or just hard times? The fare is much lower with the public transport system.

I have been thinking a lot about my passion lately. I have been enjoying mingling with my pets. The long vacation gave me the time to reflect on the kind of life I would like to have in the immediate future. My mindset has somehow changed about the kind of things I would do when I finally decide to retire for good. I retired prematurely early on in my career thinking that I want to live a quiet life at that time. It proved to be an undoing and I had to reenter the corporate jungle another time. This time, however, I am yearning for a peaceful existence. It feels like I have been inching closer and closer to my dream....

The year is still young. I would like to face sunrise as each day unfolds and see through the day every time the sun sets......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites