Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December 21 - 27, 2009: It's Christmas Time


This week marks the most awaited event for Christiandom, the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

At home, I hurriedly spruced up our home, brought out the Christmas curtains, put up the remaining Christmas decors which we have not yet put up in the weekend when we started decorating the house. I was just supervising and our helpers were the ones who put up the tree. I am not sure why I am not as enthusiastic as before in decorating the house for Christmas. I told MD that I am getting bored with the old decors. I actually bought additional trimmings for the Christmas trees and some wreaths. Somehow, our home looks festive enough for the season this week.

There is still work in the office but it's the start of the Christmas break for school....ya'y. Going to the office becomes a drag as people's minds are on parties and celebrations.

After office on Monday, my friend V....... and I together with another college classmate went to a party with batchmates at a diner in QC. It's good enough to see old and not so familiar faces anymore. It was a party for three batches which somehow made the affair a little uncomfortable for some. We don't know each other. The consolation was that everyone brought home raffle prices.

On Tuesday, I had to squeeze in shopping for the food packs we distribute to carolers and kids who roam the village on Christmas day.

I had plan to meet up with two friends, one has been long lost, on Wednesday, which went awry. I went home disappointed because I was in party clothes looking forward to a night of fun.

Christmas eve was spent preparing for Noche Buena. MIL was at the helm. I have been so lazy preparing meals lately. I am also not feeling well. We went to hear Midnight Mass in the village chapel. We partook of our Noche Buena. Afterwards, everyone went to bed.

On Christmas day itself, we are expecting hubby's brothers and their family. MIL would be at the kitchen supervising the cooking. I spruced up the house and put on some scents for a Christmassy air. In time, my two BILs would arrive with their family. My youngest brother and his family would also visit as they were not able to go home to his wife's province. There would be dining and some drinking; chatting, and laughing.......... until it was time to go.

In the weekend, we had the traditional family reunion on hubby's side again in QC where there would be gift-giving and kids and anybody without a source of income or those with less which would include the senior family members, household helpers, drivers would line up for money. Earning family members would serve as Santas giving money to those who are lined up. When the party is over, kids are observed to be in high spirits smiling sheepishly with their loot, I mean aginaldo. The designated Santas, on the other han, look like they have just been robbed.

As a country known to spend the longest Christmas season, our celebrations with families and friends would attest to this observation. However, let us not lose sight of the reason for the celebration. Tis the season to be jolly because Jesus Christ, our Savior, was born.

Merry Christmas to One and All!

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites