Tuesday, December 22, 2009

December 7 - 13, 2009: Tyangges and Bazaars


All of us have to do shopping for gifts for friends and others this week. Shopping for family members happen just a few hours before Christmas. Next week will be the last week for school and there will be parties all over town.

I am actually cramming too....... preparing my lessons and midterm exams. There has not been enough time to cover more lessons and it is harder as some requirements were missed. Our midterm exam is scheduled next week. In this mode, I should work efficiently and very, very quietly to get things done. As Christmas approaches, work in the office would take a lull. I was actually surprised to receive an email from the boss and later from my colleague asking for a report.

In the weekend, I would go to the bazaar in Cuenca Ayala Alabang with the girls on Saturday night and my son on a Sunday evening. We had to do it separtely due to conflict of sked. MD wanted to study on Sunday. During my date with the girls, we had to rush with our shopping because it was 30 minutes to closing time. The girls and I went separate ways to cover more areas. Some booths were already closed and some were closing but would still accommodate customers. Even with the little time and just a handful of booths opened, the girls were able to complete their shopping. I bought some DVDs and MS's exchange gift.

The following day it was MS's turn. He said he needs to shop for some more gifts for his friends and favorite teachers. Initially, ED was coming with MS and but decided not to. So it was just MS and I. We had enough time so we shopped leisurely. At some point while waiting for a gift that has to be personalized, MS and I had dinner. Surprisingly, MS liked the adobo flakes that I ordered for him. At home, he wouldn't touch anything adobo.

After shopping, we went home contented with our finds. MS was so pleased with the tyangge experience that for the first time he asked if we could do it again. I promised him we'll visit another time.......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites