Thursday, December 10, 2009

November 30 - December 6, 2009: Joy Ride


The week started well as it is actually part of the extended holiday.... hip, hip, hooray! I was hopeful that this is going to be a good week. After all, I came from a trip, a joy ride actually, to Subic with my friend V..... and MD and MS in the weekend. The kids and I have not seen the much vaunted highway which is compared to Colorado freeway and we wanted to see for ourselves.

Much of the week is quiet as the leeches are again happily doing other people's jobs in another office. It is actually a source of additional income for them as they claim overtime pay which has somehow become regular income for them as it comes regularly like clockwork. Because work in the office would have its lull, they willingly take on other people's work. Provided not much brainpower is used, they can fight off sleep. Sleeping during office hours is tolerated for them especially now that the boss literally has abandoned this office and left it for the dogs.... They have this beautiful relationship with our HR that seems to take wings in terms of extending the function of this office to include HR work. It works fine for them as a source of extra income and other perks. Can you imagine being close to HR personnel?

As weekend approaches, one of my dogs gave birth to three puppies. However, one puppy was born dead while the other one died after less than a day. The lone male puppy is coping up well.

In the weekend, I finally was able to contract out the electrical job that has long been pending. Little by little, we are unearthing the many defects and problems our home have..... Before it gets any more complicated, I better remedy the situation. It seems that I am the only one who is concerned about these things in the house. I should have studied to be an electrician so that I can be more learned about the tricks of the trade.....

One of the electrical work in the contract is the installation of a safer outlet for my jacuzzi and heater. I have not enjoyed this amenity for so long because I was not able to buy a heater for it immediately. When I finally bought the heater, the water pressure was not enough so the heater would not work. I had to buy a pressurized tank to increase water supply in the second floor. When finally everything was complete, my shower enclosure jacuzzi's water mixer would turn out to be wrongly installed such that the hot water opening would not close once turned on. It took sometime before the water mixer would be repaired because the company sent incompetent technicians who cannot properly diagnose the problem. I had to threaten them on bringing the matter up to the attention of the proper authority before action was taken. True enough, it was a simple problem that has been misdiagnosed. When the safety switch was installed, I tried my jacuzzi after a long time. Before I would use it with cold water and I would chill after sometime. This time, the water was lukewarm and it felt soft and warm like being enveloped by a soft snuggly comforter. It felt good that I was dousing off. I was enjoying the rhythm of the water ......... until the heater tripped. It's not working again. My bliss was abruptly and unceremoniously cut......... argggggggghhhhh!!!!

Just as the week started on a high note, it ended on a rather sour note.............

2 comments:

dFish said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND TO YOUR FAMILY AMOR...

brainchild said...

May the joys of Christmas be with you and your family, Al.

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites