Monday, September 14, 2009

September 7 - 13, 2009: Deluged


Rains continued to be dumped this week.

Monday provided a breather with a surprise announcement by Malacanang declaring the day as a non-working holiday to observe the national mourning of the erstwhile INC leader Ka Erdy Manalo who will be interred on that day. I am wondering aloud how many more holidays will declared for departed leaders of religious congregations.... I guess it will depend on the number of voters, I mean followers. So will Brother Eddie V..... with his 5 million and growing exponentially through the power of networking......... get the same honor when the time comes? Let's see....

By midweek, it was obvious that nothing much can be done about chores that require sunshine. Laundry became a chore that had to be ditched momentarily...... lest we end up with soggy and smelly clothes. Even the house smells like dogs as they cannot take a bath in the midweek.

Thursday provided a relief from the tortuous rains......

My boy helper would call in sick because of a sore tooth. In pain, he dropped by the house to feed the birds. This is the second time he has this problem. The first time he had this toothache, his face swelled and the pseudo-doctor in me advised him to take antibiotics. I ensured that he bought the medicines and that he took it and advised him to have the problem tooth extracted as soon as the infection was gone. I guess the advice wasn't followed strictly as the problem is back. He said he is afraid of dentist. I had to be harsh this time and explained to him the consequences if he let the problem persist. There are people who having experience temporary relief think that the problem is gone even when the real problem has not been solved. They settle for instant gratification when you could delay it a bit and opt for the real solution. Much like a poor person having money........... the initial response is to consume........consume it all on things that satisfy the baser needs rather than spend it on something that would have a multiplier effect on living the rest of his life.

With the respite from the rains, my new helper was finally able to do our laundry........ only to be halted again the following day. It was another rainy Friday that would close the workweek.

The office is the usual crazy place that it is........ people busy or acting as if they were busy with stuff.......... reports, presentations, meetings.......... the things that pretty much make work a drag....... but must be done to make the bureaucracy work....

I was thankful that the weekend was close by with a four-day workweek. Can't wait for the next long weekend.....

More rains poured in the weekend ......... Chores dragged........ laundry is mountainful........ The new helper asked to take another day-off to see her other children on Sunday........ that is something that I had to give a thought...

By late morning on Sunday, the rains stopped.......... My boy helper and I strained to give all the dogs a long-deserved bath..... The sun would peep precariously behind dark clouds......

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites