Monday, September 14, 2009

September 14 - 21, 2009: In Sickness


Finally the sun was up.....

Early Monday morning, I was all dressed up to go....... ED was running a fever.......... MD was on a break because of their weekend retreat..... our new helper hasn't arrived from her day-off........ my boy helper texted my other helper that he would be late because he will finally see the dentist ........ The day was foreboding me to take a leave......... a migraine surely came in handy....Suddenly I had a migraine and had to call in sick......... It was good that I took a leave as the new helper took off after coming home leaving her and her daughter's clothes and salary advances.

ED felt better and went to school the following day.

The extra restday must have done me good as I felt gay when I reported to work the following day even playing up to kids who called me Darna...... or was it Narda because maybe they saw me limping. The feeling continued till I reached the office. It was the usual routine for this lowly public servant.... My boss followed up on some stuff.........

In the middle of the week, I was asked by the boss to join in the budget hearing at the Congress. The 3:00pm budget hearing was reset to 5:00pm. Upon arrival at the venue, we were told that the session will be further delayed and that we would start at 7:00pm leading a colleague to remark that our Honorable Representatives were on time with their delay when the previous session ended at 7:00pm. A colleague asked me to take down issues raised by the congressmen. While at it, I texted MD that I would go home late and won't have dinner there. She texted me that she and her Dad were on their way to the hospital. I asked why. She said that she was running a fever and that she was sent home from school. My heart went a-putter and I wanted to go home. Congress is so far away, however, and I actually do not know how to go home from there. I wonder why they had to locate it in a far-flung area...... to evade assassins.... The session would be finish around 11:00pm. The boss decided that we should have dinner before heading home. I was at their mercy and had no choice. So dinner we had.... after which we finally headed home.

My collegues were going to the wake of the mom of our boss, the one reassigned to another office. A colleague from the office where she is reassigned texted me in the weekend egging me to go to the wake. The funeral home is actually near my place. I told her I'd rather not as it would be awkward for both of us. I told her my prayers for the departed will suffice. My falling out with the boss is no secret....... When we reached the funeral home, my colleagues went inside while the driver brought me to my disembarkation point.

MD was asleep when I got home. I held her and her temperature was high. I rubbed metholated oil on her back and chest. Then, I went to bed.....

MD had to skip her classes the following day and even after that. She not only was nursing a fever, she had diarrhea too. I myself am not feeling well but went to work anyway. By weekend, I would feel worst. MD is still not back to her old self. Thank goodness, this is another extended weekend with the celebration of the end of Ramadan. We could both rest.

In this state, I attended a kid's party with MS at Jollibee on Saturday. It's been a while since I had a burger at Jolibee.... I was kinda excited..... MD begged off as her stomach was still upet. ED decided to stay home too. Hubby's weekend is now devoted to his bird club activities.

The rest of the week, I took things easy but still managed to do my chores. MD took her college entrance exams at Ateneo on Sunday. Missing our usual Saturday anticipated mass, ED, MS, and I went to Church on Sunday afternoon. MD would soon join us. Hubby went home as he was able to go to mass earlier.

I thought that this was going to be one pleasant week when sun finally shone on us.... I had to deal with illness in my household this week.....

2 comments:

Enrico Dee said...

Hello,


My name is Enrico Dee of Etera Events. I would like to ask your email address where we can send you an event invite.

Many thanks.

Eric
http://spedexpoph.com

brainchild said...

Hi Enrico,

I went to your site and subscribe to your RSS feed. thanks for the invite.

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites