Tuesday, August 23, 2011

February Quite Contrary

I was getting into the hang of things at the office even if there would be uneasiness at times ... Thrust into something I didn't feel so good about but need to do just the same.... a necessary evil so to speak .... this month zoomed so fast that it felt like I was being tossed around. What with the boss who is supposed to be sick wanting to call the shots every so often and undermining the authority ... on times, she would try to appear meek by telling her people that she was leaving things to me .... and will be back again sometime to wreck havoc on my leadership.... shouldn't she be in bed recuperating.... more importantly, shouldn't she be thankful that I took on a thankless job and am trying my darndest best to do whatever needs to get done without expectation of anything from her or anyone .....

She had the nerve to taunt my ability in pointing out to people I deal with, top officials included, what apparently does not sit well with her in one of my major assignments .... what compounds the situation is she would say it's not right but she couldn't pinpoint exactly why it isn't right to her. Ironically, we are making great progress on that work. It's probably hard for her to be out of the limelight on a major activity and is itching to get back in the limelight .... this is one big opportunity that she couldn't take advantage of.... so she had to create some noise...You know how some shallow people sound like empty cans .... I had to shut her off in some communication; on this one, in particular, when her only goal was to embarrass me. She was trying to paint a bad picture of how I was handling the job and wanted to appear more knowledgeable than what she really is at this point. Her people would give her feedback she'd like to hear, piecemeal at most, just to please her. She would shut up one time and then be back again.... as she couldn't make her mind whether she wants out or in or could she not just resist the urge to wield her power....She certainly knows I do not succumbed to threats nor am I about to bite into her trap ...

What is her problem anyway that she couldn't detach herself from this office!!!??? Reason dictates that she should just allow me to function well for the sake of the organization... Or is she afraid that I will succeed and create a ripple that could send her the shivers .... I am not after her position, stature, or power. It's just a job that I had to do .... and even if there is very strong resentment among her people towards me in this office, I would not want the office to fall just because of someone's pettiness ...

Her people is another matter that needs to be dealt with circumspect. They hate me to the bones. Why? I could only surmise that they are not happy about having less freedom in doing the things they love doing. Their perks were drastically cut which probably explains the uneasy silence. Income would be meager for the rest of my stay .... One of the runboys made the mistake of loudly asking if they have prepared their computation for their extra income. I was behind a cubicle.... suddenly there was silence... an average person would know even without seeing that the big mouth had been secretly silenced through sign language and meaningful stares .... talk about conspiracy .... and talk about being blatant ... tsk tsk ...

For the rest of the term, I did not receive any request for extra income or perks except from three of them... two are valid requests... except two of them were not entitled to it .... the other one requesting for accommodation had questionable entries... I did not want to meddle in their perks but I do not want my hands in there either... so I told them to claim those when the real boss arrives.... I must have earned enough hate points with that last shutdown.

About this time, the boss began making herself visible.... I would know because there were a few times she asked the driver to wait on her while she was officially on leave and even dispensing with the courtesy of asking me .... The poor driver's loyalty was put to test and I had to give way to make the situation less problematic for somebody without a real choice. I could have toughen my stance but it's not my job on the line. I don't want to do it at somebody's expense. How an official of her caliber can do such things no longer surprises me.

Also about this time, she came to the office, had a talk with the Big Boss and all of a sudden was out of a position she so very much cherished. The official press release was that she wants to work at a more relaxed pace ... But something doesn't quite fit in.... She was dying to have that position in the past .... what's with the turnaround.... and someone as harried as her living a relaxed pace.... cmon ... never happened ... never will happen ....

In the last week, I feel relatively at ease since nothing is pending... Normalcy in this chaotic place is about to be restored... I can honestly say I am pleased with myself, even feeling a sense of fulfillment, because I did the best that I could given the situation... everything that needs to be done is done .... more importantly, the time is almost done .... and I can't wait to go back to being a recluse ....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites