Thursday, October 13, 2011

She Came Marching In in March

Oh, when the saints go marching in
Oh, when the saints go marching in
Lord, how I want to be in that number
When the saints go marching in

This is actually an apocalyptic song that sounds just right this month when she came marching in with so much funfare as usual .... a shower of confetti and a band could have made her entry more spectacular.

This post could very well be entitled the Comeback.... but I settled on this title as it sounds cool ....... She came marching in not exactly with the band but with creating noise just the same .... as her royal loyal guards announced her return, I instantly felt relieved that I'm finally out of the Lioness's den....

After much ado about her comeback, she's finally back ... There was so much speculation before she finally came back... At times, she wanted to appear mysterious and made anyone guess when exactly she is coming back... There were telltale signs and there were obvious signs ... Frankly, I didn't give a damn. I just wanted my life back and moreover I want out of that office pronto as what was promised me ... but you know how we all should deal with bureaucracy to maintain order in our lives... so I still must.... one more time....

Her coming back is both a boon and a bane .... It's a good thing because we all can lead normal lives (as it is in this office) again. What about her? You think the vacation could have changed her ... a bit ..... fat chance... I often wonder why there is so much anger in her .... why she isn't just content about making people's lives miserable.... that she need to vent her destructive ways to make sure that anyone who crosses her is beaten to a pulp ... you know how a bully gets satisfaction from seeing his victim down and out and shamed ..... I think I am one of the fortunate ones she couldn't really pin down...... to her chagrin .....


Anger is the most impotent of passions. It effects nothing it goes about, and hurts the one who is possessed by it more than the one against whom it is directed. Carl Sandburg


But I think she came with vengeance in mind .... just like old times.... There were no usual turnover rites when I handed her back the reins of leadership of this office. Instead, she sent out a very impersonal email to make her presence felt outlining the tasks to be done... There was one email she sent to some of the people I worked with announcing that she is back and that I will effectively become the support staff of a major task that I handled.... talk about flexing muscles.... i'm ... oh ... so moved .... She would even let me hear her conversation with other people I dealt with telling them that she is now the boss, dismissimg my role while she was on leave, like anything that has to do with me be forgotten quickly .... I don't know what her problem is seeing the office still intact ... and this is what I get for allowing her the luxury of taking a medical leave.... whoa

I don't have very good memories of being in this office all these years. I was lucky that the periods that she and I were actually together are shorter than the times we existed together without care about each other's concerns. Either she or I was assigned somewhere or on some projects emanating from other offices. There was a time she was away for a full two years presumably to pursue higher learning that will redound to the good of the Department... so help us God ..... or like the last absence, she was forced to take a leave for health reasons. There were a number of times, the office had other bosses... not exactly a good time for me as the status quo was simply maintained and she was actually still running it by remote control ....

Still, there has to be some good arising out of this phase of my life.... nah ... Maybe, for the lessons of courage and patience it taught me .... and seeing how people you know for a long time evolved from being persons who are sensible to being trapped and helpless unable to distinguish between right and wrong that they allow themselves to be used under the cloak of law and order out of sheer fear of a backlash .......... some even would sell their souls .... just for a bite of power

This time that she is back gave me a much more firm resolve to get out of this office. That should be happening soon .... I did what I was told. It is time to get a payback ......


No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites