Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Real Deal

This is a treat for all readers of this blog who like my post, Letter to My Daughter. I notice this post always figures on the pages that visitors to my site like. I decided to let you all in on the real letter between MD and me...... Read on and enjoy the touching yet amusing exchange of love between my daughter and this mum while she was participating in the last retreat in her high school......

10 September 2009

My Dear Foolish Daughter I.....,

First, sorry because you had to carry our retlet to your retreat. I lost track of the time because of so many preoccupations kaya dina naipadala kunwari sa guard sa gate 6 para kunwari di mo alam na me retlet kami. In your case, alam mo na me retlet kami which you carried yourself…… that should make you feel proud na naalala naming gumawa ng retlet….. Please tell your adviser that we prepared a retlet, baka bigyan ka demerit eh……

Now that we got that out, let’s begin from the start………

I actually have no complaints about you being my daughter except that when you sleep on our bed ………..you occupy about ¾ of the bed and I cannot toss and turn in my sleep at baka maipit kita. As a result, I often sleep in just one position which gives me constant backaches. But that is alright…. With practice I have perfected the art of sleeping on only ¼ of the bed……

You have really been a source of joy to me all these 16 years, 5 months, 9 days, 10 hours, 23 minutes, 10 seconds (as I was writing this). You have been a good and responsible daughter at home, in school, and wherever you may be…… although you may be sungit at times (that’s another story that I had to discuss with O.....).

At home, I am glad that you look after your brother and would volunteer to cook for the family at times. You had not been doing the latter lately and we miss your cooking and baking kahit na ng eruption cake na lang. Please continue to look after O..... as he needs constant guidance with your Dad and I spending long hours at work. Your Ate A...... is also pursuing her dream. That is why, your brother has only you to look up to at home….. Maybe, your Mama too… but not as much as you. He really fears, I mean is in awe of you. He probably thinks you’re so great being both pretty (uy, vain!) and brainy at the same time. Please inspire him to develop the same study habits that you have so he can compare to you. I think that would please him. That would please me too….. if J...... can be half of what you and your Ate A...... can be. Of all of you, I worry the most for J..... not because he is my favorite. There is no such thing with me because you are all my children and I love all of you equally. My concern for your brother stems from his inability to adjust socially……….. he doesn’t have many friends, he doesn’t excel in school, he isn’t liked as much because of his constant outburst. I guess we can help him by making him feel secure and making him believe that he can do as well as anybody. Constantly give words of encouragement while at the same time correcting what needs to be corrected and instilling responsibility in school work. He really listens well specially if you talk to him heart-to-heart. I have always depended on you on this……

Now let’s move to your other accomplishment…… as a student

You have given us honor that would MYMP (alam mo ibig sabihin nito, diba?). Even if in your elementary years you didn’t quite get the medal (because of the dirty politics in your school) that you deserve, you will always be an A1 student for me. I was a proud mom attending that graduation. I hope there are no hitches this time and with God’s grace you are on your way to getting the honor that had eluded you………. Nobody deserves it more than you as I see you burn the midnight oil studying for your exams or working on your requirements. You got the brains (which you got from me, of course!) plus the right attitude to make it. In time, you will be pursuing your own dream too. I would look forward to the day when my two doctor daughters and my vet son will be eating on the same dinner table as they talk about caring for their human and animal patients…. I will be happy to be getting free medical services at last from doctors who will really take care of me.

Now, let’s talk about G...... and N...... and all about the other boys that you will meet………

As you know, we are beginning to like N...... more (joke)…………. Both G...... and N...... (joke again) are ok,…… wala na bang iba?…………. Seriously anak, don’t get serious with any of these boys yet…. You’re young, beautiful, intelligent ……. The world is yours to conquer. Just to give an example, in your review class……. Isn’t it true that there were a lot of cute boys that you met…. If you are in a committed relationship, you limit your chances of meeting other nice, intelligent, good-looking, and most specially respectful to your parents boys. In college, you will meet a lot of these boys…. Some will be nice as you would like them to be……… be careful of wolves in sheep’s clothing…. They abound. Learn to discern the true intention of a guy…… not just what he is trying to paint himself to be……. I cannot dictate in this department …… but we have raised you to be a good person, God-fearing, compassionate, responsible, family-oriented………. Look for these same qualities …………. However, even if I say this, do not rush into things….. You are still too young…. 40 would still be a good age to have a boyfriend. The world has a lot to offer and it’s up to you to seize the opportunities….. Commitment would limit your horizon…. I trust you on this……….

Lastly, let’s talk about being my daughter……

I cannot be any happier than having you………. Our home would not be as bright and gay without you….. I just hope that the kasungitan would be lessened….. I also would be hurt by disrespectful words on those times……… All this aside, I am glad you are my daughter and I cannot ask for a better one…

I love you.


Mommy



And here is MD's response which I encoded verbatim (errors and editing marks included) from her letter written on a pink paper...


To My Dearest Foolish Mom,

Inaaaay! Thank you sa letter. Hindi naman ako magkakademerit nun! Grabe ka naman! Tawa ng Tawa classmates ko nung nabasa nila retlet. Ang baliw mo daw.... nagmana daw ako sayo ^ hehe. Okaay uhm. First of all, I'm sorry for all the headaches and back aches that I have given you. Sorry kung ¼ na lang yun bed natutulugan mo, sorry kung sumasagot po ako sa inyo minsan, sorry kung ang sungit ko, sorry kung you feel that I haven't been patient kay J......, sorry kung I disobey you, sorry kung (na) nakakalimutan kong magpo and opo basta sorry sa lahat. Sana kahit I hurt you in so many ways hindi mo iniisip na di kita love kasi kahit I don't show it often and kahit hindi ko nasasabi lagi na i love you, I really really do. I appreciate everything that you do for me. Yun pagbangon mo everyday just to go to work.....yun mga ganun. I appreciate all those things. (about) When I read your letter yesterday, di ko alam kung matatawa ako or maiiyak pero natouch ako. Lalo na yun may MYMP pa......ayieee.. I'm happy na kahit papanu I made you proud kasi akala ko dati nadisappoint kita nung di ako naghonor nung grade 6. Sorry kung ganun....tinatry ko naman bumawi ngayong hs eh..Ginagawa ko lahat ngayon para maghonor ako at makaakyat kayo sa stage ni Daddy sa graduation ko para ng kay Ate A...... Sana mommy kahit talino ni Ate A...... at kasing (expre) sweet ni J.....na kahit lakwatsera ako, (nag) me boys (oi isa lang yan ah! kaw sabi mo madami! Bad ka!), na ang sungit ko, na ang arte ko sana mommy di ka mawalan ng patience sakin. Sana maintindihan mo ako na ewan ko ba.... di ko naman sinasadya lahat ng yun eh. As much as possible, ayaw kong madidisappoint kita o kaya kinukunsimusyon (di ko alam spelling!) ka kasi dadami white hair mo! EWWW! Joke lang.

Mommy yun kay G..... ahehehe..... Thank you sa words of wisdom mo...I'll keep that in mind promise!

Sabi mo sa letter mo super happy ka na I'm your daughter, sana malaman mo na mas happy akong ikaw nanay ko! I'm so proud of you mommy (bagets ata nanay ko! yak ang baduy) I love you so much mommy. Namiss kita.....MMMMMWAAAAAAH! Super hug! xoxo --- alam mo yan? hugs and kisses yan. nax you learned something new! take care always!


D-a best chef in my heart!
A-rtistahin
L-ovable
I-ntelligent
S-exy (Nax!)
A-miable;)
Y-oung (bumibinggo na ko!)

From your beautiful anak,
I.....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites