Thursday, February 4, 2010

January 25 - 31, 2010: All Within the Family


I was looking forward with anticipation to this week because my friend V........ will be returning from her visit to her family in Canada. It's been a month. She actually extended her stay because she's been missed much. It is a very painful set-up for her and the family. She goes to Canada at most twice in a year. The longest she stays with them is about a month during the Christmas season. It's been like this for her the past two years since her family migrated to Canada.

I was both happy and sad. Happy to see her again. My social life has somehow slowed down in her absence. We live close to each other so it's easy to make plans when boredom eats us. We usually get a night cap as the week draws to a close. It's unfortunate that one of my classes falls on a Friday. So we have to do this in the middle of the week as things are heating up.

I am sad because I know she will be missed by her loved ones. I know how much she misses them. I know how painful that can be...... It's gonna hurt when she finally joins her family for good. But that is the best that can be for my friend V...... and I want her to be happy.

I was supposed to fetch her from the airport but she changed her mind at the last minute..... Always like her....... she doesn't want to bother anybody. I was actually looking for an excuse to take a leave from the office..... Didn't work..... I realized, however, I have classes on that day and I don't take time off from school. There is too much to miss in a three and a half hour class. Perhaps, it's providential or I would be cramming next week.....

I reconnected with some family members I lost contact with for the past years. It's good to reestablish contact and hear from them again. I feel inclined to reconnect and trace my roots as time goes by.....

I was looking forward to the weekend because we are having a special family gathering at home. My brother's family is coming over. I made arrangement with my youngest brother to bring his family too. The family gathering also served as an impromptu birthday celebation for hubby who would be celebrating his birthday on Sunday. There have been so many things that happened the past few months and this reunion is meaningful to each one of us. During the Christmas season, my children were asking me if my brother and his family were coming for our traditonal reunion. I wasn't sure...... Recent events have scarred this family. I blame it on the frailties of human nature.

This weekend, we were trying to heal wounds we have inflicted on ourselves. Some wounds, however, would take time healing.....

In what was to be an important weekend for our family, our water pump would experience trouble and need rehabilitation..... We're in serious trouble (a.k.a. deep shit) this weekend.....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites