Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February 15 - 21, 2010: Make or Break


With not one but two major holidays, rather special days, falling on a weekend, how could I have the appetite to go to work the following day? I had to drag myself to work on that Monday....

This week, I figured I could lay low a bit. It was a loaded weekend, two holidays remember....... besides, it's term break......... most of the leeches are out there somewhere......... a good thing really..... there's peace and solemnity......... Just perfect for listening to some good music.........And I am ready to grab my headset and lose myself.... while working of course.........

This is a critical time for me as well. Work beckons with test papers and requirements to check and evaluate. There are too many distractions and I couldn't set my mind to work. It seems that last week's episode is repeating itself. I couldn't get my momentum. I want to flagellate myself for this inactivity. Days passed and nothing substantive has been done. On the very last day of the week which is also my deadline in submitting the grades, I crammed preparing the grades of my students. It's make or break for my students as well as for me. I have to make it to school today to submit the grade. It might have worked well for my students as I didn't have to review the grades too much. Unlike in the past, when i had to sleep over it before i make the final decision. I can feel the tension on my neck and back when I printed the file just before I left the office to go to the school..........history repeated itself.

I made it to school but the staff have already gone when i got there. I texted our administrative head about my dilemma. She called the building guard and gave instruction so that I could leave the file and the books I borrowed with him.

I had to wait for ED coming from her school. I decided to take a bite at the Mini Stop in front of the school and gave way to my craving. Soon enough, ED arrived and we went to the shuttle terminal. She was starving too and I told her about the new food kiosk at the terminal serving tapsilog atbp which has recently been added to my craving list. My kids somehow took after me in having simple pleasures. Recently, I introduced them to Burger Machine which now boasts of several types of burgers as a product innovation. But some of the old products we enjoyed in the past like the roast beef sandwich is no longer in its menu. But their new burgers with the different sauces are good and filling.

With both of us satiated, we headed home. As I rested my head on my soft pillow, I could almost dream about how my weekend should turn out......... and I can tell it's going to be one restful weekend for me........

On Sunday, I went to see one of my beloved pups join her new family....... it was a bittersweet parting..... I do know she's in good hands.....

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites