Tuesday, November 3, 2009

October 26 - November 1, 2009: Knick Knack

The impending merger in the office puts a damper on everyone this week. We will be merged with three other offices. The thing is these three offices do not want to be merged with us probably because of the reputation attached to this office. On a personal level, nobody wants to be merged. The recommendation came from the department managing the government busget and it appears there is no escaping the inevitable. In a surprise twist, we here at my office have all put aside personal biases in favor of what is good for the new organization taking into consideration staff welfare. The other parties, however, would not hear of it and insist on their own preferences. With reorganization blues in the air, there is a feeling of heaviness in each and everyone.

I would be back to the academe this week... That's a welcome change from my boring routine for the past three months I was out of it..... However, the absence snapped out the life out of me and I kinda enjoyed my vegging state. I would have to motivate myself to get back into my old routine.

I would be disappointed with a friend I have been generous with because I feel she's not have it good in this life. I am not asking for repayment. I am just surprise how selfish and bratty she is everytime things are going good for her.....

Typhoon Ramil battered us on Saturday. I woke up to darkness and howling wind. I got my small flashlight and checked out the entire house. Our kitchen screen door was banging. The wind was pushing my sliding door so hard that I was afraid it will shatter. I tried opening a window to ease the pressure but the wind would shut it close. The dogs were surprisingly quiet. I had to check on them. And as soon as they saw me, they started barking.... probably just putting a brave front which gave way once they saw mummy.... Typhoon Ramil was intense and it's a good thing it was quick or the damage and casualties would have been much greater.

We were ushered into another extended weekend because of All Saints' Day. I did not join MIL and family to the annual trek to the cemetery because my helper will take the day off. I had to be the ready substitute on those times..... As always, visit to my parents' grave are timed before or after the actual celebration of the day of the dead. This time, we will wait for my brother and his family to come home before we pay our visit to my parents.

After much ado, we had my belated birthday celebration in the weekend at Mongkok, a Chinese resto in SM Southmall.... We were all craving for something tasty and we weren't disappointed. The kids love the food. Upon getting our bill, my girls noticed that the extra rice we ordered was not charged. So we told the waiter. The waiter was so glad, he wanted the forgotten item stricken off our bill.... I told him to just give us free water and he said he would give even a drum.... Before checking out, I told the waiter to have the rest of the water deleivered to our home. He laughed.....

The week ended on a light note.........

No comments:

Multiple Choice

Mom's Corner

Vote for my Blog

Vote for my blog on Mom Blog Network

Vote for my Post

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Add this blog

Add to Technorati Favorites